No announcement yet.

Is it true....?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio two saying shortest day today ......confused...you bet! anyway I can wait another day

Comment

Well not only will the gardeners be happy tomorrow,so will some prisoners in Broadmoor ............

Winter Solstice 2011 and other religious privileges in jails that cost taxpayer millions | Mail Online
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
        What is this 'Summer' that you speak of?

Jules
        We've had three good summers over this side of the country!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Wont be long till summer comes
          and the boys are here again!

Comment

Wasn't summer in April this year about the time of someones wedding?
            Can't remember who it was but the extra day off brought the country to its knees!

Comment

Ahhhhh that was the forum designated Weeding Day Steve,hence why we were on our collective knees

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                What is this 'Summer' that you speak of?

Jules
                Next year I believe it's been pencilled in for two days around the 12th July
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

It really IS today.....
                  So much confusion yesterday many saying it was the 21st, but its the shortest day TODAY!!! (sorry to add to the confusion )
                  It really really is the shortest day so.....roll on summer - and can we have a much better one than last year please!

Comment

The shortest day is very much a red letter day on our calendar. It never passes without acknowledgement at the very least. Longer days are now happening and it is a real boost to the system. A similar acknowledgement happens at midsummer. But at least then we can hang on to the long days for awhile. Yippee.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

its official best have an appropriate sing song then .................

Comment

At Last, Best thing ive heard today!
                        "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                          I know it's impossible but my heart keeps telling me it happened last week. Last Wednesday it was proper dark by 3.30pm and for the last few days it's still reasonably light at 4pm. It can't be so, because the astrologers and everyone say it's the 22nd but a little tiny winy bity of me believes otherwise, especially when I see the light outside
                          I agree! Last week I was shutting up the hens at 3:45. Yesterday I was back to shutting them in at 4:15?!? Odd!
                          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Happy Winter Solstice from me - May I take this opportunity to wish you all that you wish yourselves.
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Next year I believe it's been pencilled in for two days around the 12th July
                              Nah, there's a couple extra days in March, and then again in early December.

I couldn't tell which was the shortest day, but I noticed something very weird today. Because of my SAD, I get a "kick" out of sunlight during the summer - the UV has an effect on skin production of Vitamin D that I notice. When the sun dips below 30 degrees above the horizon in mid October, the UV is all filtered out by the extra distance it travels more obliquely through the atmosphere, and the sunlight feels "flat" to me. But today, it had a small but definite kick !!
                              Ozone depleted air coming from the Arctic ? Will this help my overwintering plants ?
                              I'm not complaining, anyway. For whatever reason, this has been the easiest winter I've had healthwise for years, normally I would be sleeping up to 18 hours a day !
                              Happy Winter Solstice - may you have all the kindnesses you have wished for others.
                              There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X