Advice needed please...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
    Did ask about permitted work and they replied "its not suitable". Dont know what that means
    It means they don't know anything about it, or they're trying to get out of it.

Do your research, make a case as to why it IS suitable (It's getting you back into the work habit, which you couldn't otherwise afford to do seeing as the wage is lower than benefits. It's potentially taking someone off the jobless lists, which is what they want, no?)

28 mile round trip? That's too far to cycle in bad weather, ill or not. (14 miles takes about 80 mins).

As Chris says, car sharing might work, it's worth a go
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hey everyone!

Its all academic now.
      Had email when I got home, interview cancelled due to interviewer being ill.

Ah well next time

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        This caught me out when I had cancer: I was on Incap, but started work again as soon as I could. My health then deteriorated again because I took on more than I could cope with ~ I had to give up my job eventually, but I was put on a lower level of benefit, even though it was my original condition that was causing me to be ill again (the side/after effects, not the disease).

Have a look at the Permitted Work system, if it still exists.

My heart says go to work, because it will do you good, but don't get yourself into debt or poverty over it
        You need to contact your benefit delivery centre (the people who actually pay your Employment Support Allowance) rather than just the Jobcentre who are simply there to help you identify potential work. You won't be on Incap if you have only been sick since 2010, you will be on Employment Support Allowance so you wont fall foul of the same linking rules that saw a lot of people with Transitional Protection lose their old rate of Incap after starting work and finding they couldnt manage it. I may be wrong but I thought the Employment Support Allowance linking for work was 104 weeks...meaning you go back to what you were on before? As I say dont take my word for it as my field is Jobseekers Allowance, but I do know the actual administration of benefit is NOT done by the jobcentre. It is very very important that you discuss this with your benefit delivery centre BEFORE making any decisions. You will find the number on top of the letter you get confirming how much has been paid into your bank or on the letter you get with your girocheque. Staffing is notoriously short, and they may take your number and ask the processing section to ring you back. Get the name of the person taking your query, give a landline and a mobile if possible and ask when you will be called back (within a certain number of hours or within 5 days or whatever). There will also be leaflets available. Also if you look up Department of Work and Pensions +your benefit on the internet you should get the dept official website.
        Good luck whatever you choose to do x

Comment

Hey Baldrick
          Do you work for the Wrexham benefit delivery centre?

Comment

Did ask about permitted work and they replied "its not suitable". Dont know what that means

Sorry as an answer that is just not good enough. If you are on long term sick and are being temporarily placed by a company trying to get long term sick people into work they must consider permitted work. Any adverse decision given by the department needs to be sent in writing giving full appeal rights information (or if its a secretart of state decision explaining the decision and saying you cannot appeal). I have frequently been asked questions I cant answer at work and I always answer honestly that I dont know but will find out...or get someone who does know to ring back. You can ask for advice from a Decision Maker too. Either way "its not suitable" is out of order. Why is it not suitable? What is suitable? You want to try work with a safety net. How will they help you? Isnt suitable indeed Hmmmph! I find answers like this offensive because conciencious people like me get flack from people who have neen fobbed off and reached the end of their tether! GRRR! CAB isnt much help to be honest as often I have had to explain to them what they should be asking............some of the Welfare Rights solicitors are better but only really worth the hassle for undoing massive mistakes. Hope that helps a bit. x

Comment

Hey everyone!

Its all academic now.
              Had email when I got home, interview cancelled due to interviewer being ill.

Ah well next time
              Have they not re-scheduled it?

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                Have they not re-scheduled it?
                No, they dont know when the interviewer will return.

ps liking the new name and immature fruiter.
                Can you change mine to "waste of space"
                Last edited by cardiffsteve; 05-12-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Hey Baldrick
                  Do you work for the Wrexham benefit delivery centre?
                  Yes but Im on Maternity leave. Ring them on 08456003016 and find out how it works for next time. ESA isnt my field Im afraid and Im a bit rusty on Jobseekers Allowance at the moment too.............

Comment

Congrats to you Baldrick.

Comment

Congrats to you Baldrick.
                      Most of us do care honest. It can be a horrible stressful job, and lots of people get very upset about those they cant help but occasionally, just now and then we can make a difference. I really believe in what I do. It may not be as valued as some jobs, but when I know Ive helped someone it makes it worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by baldrick View Post
                        Most of us do care honest ... I really believe in what I do. It may not be as valued as some jobs
                        It's people like you that give us hope. Public sector an' all, you're having a hard time yourself
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X