English Fancy Dress

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    I'd rather donate the money to the charity that it would have cost me to make/rent/buy a costume.
    Totally agree, and that was our main point, we were not going to go out and pay a load of money on fancy dress, which only her colleagues will see (in a nursery) so she wanted to just do something she already had the outfit for!
    Chilli Grower
    mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
    +----------------------------------+
    | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
    +----------------------------------+

Comment

Hope she's not too stressed about it all now and will be able to enjoy it a bit! Stoooopid boss!
      http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Again, utilising my 'ask for a horse, get a dog' theory of life; get her to come up with some completely inappropriate suggestions and by the end of the day she will be asked to just wear her normal clothes.

Start with a few Page3 girls; Sam Fox, Lynda Lusardi, Melinda Messenger, Jordan [if you can't remember any ], then a few random ones, short-sighted grumpy London Bus driver, Tristram Shandy [he that got his 4-skin taken clean off during a window related accident], Edward 2 [complete with red hot poker], Gary Glitter, the Little Mermaid [from the original story, complete with bloody legs], pick from all sorts of beheaded Queens [complete with of course, head]..I'm sure you can think of a few completely inappropriate characters for the boss to shudder about...these are off the top of my head...give me another hour and...well....who knows.
        Last edited by zazen999; 14-11-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

If you go as a page 3 girl then you don't need any clothes
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Lady Godiva???
            "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

If your wife works in a children's nursery, why doesn't she dress like a Nursery assistant (or whatever it is that she does). This is part of English culture these days so what's wrong with that.

And if the boss doesn't like it , take a cane along and act the part of an old-fashioned governess.
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 14-11-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                If you go as a page 3 girl then you don't need any clothes
                Exactly.

I have thought of even more, but they are probably left firmly inside my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                  A few characters spring to mind - that would be fun! I love Two Sheds fancy dress costume though!
                  I'd try for Queen Victoria - later period - as I have the figure for it!
                  Boudicca
                  Brittania
                  Guinevere
                  Nell Gwynne
                  Florence Nightingale
                  More up to date? How about Purdey from the Avengers?
                  As suggested by Fruit&2Veg, Lady Godiva - that's the one. Go on!

Seriously, think about the Morris dancing outfit, complete with baldrics.

And, really seriously, I don't think they can force fancy dress on you.
                  Last edited by maytreefrannie; 14-11-2011, 09:56 PM.
                  My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Black suit and a bowler hat innit

Comment

I wish I was told to go in as fancy dress or I'd be sent home. I'd just not turn up It'd a) save me the petrol money, and b) the time. Voila! Owt for a day off work is me.

Comment

We are expected to go to school on Friday in our pyjamas!

I said either I come in my normal clothes or I dont come.....simples!

Comment

I'd go for costume that could be adjusted to be inappropriate for work meself - assuming it's a CS post or similar of course.

Stereotypical badly dressed goth with too much makeup on and done badly, dog collar and leash (end attached to clothing just incase) and a custom abusive T-shirt, classic punk with torn old shirt, spikes and pins and inappropriate slogans scrawled all over the place (including skin) or a badly done hippy if I could get hold of a really cheap flowery scent to spray on flowery clothing and/or a fake flower and look particularly unwashed for the day.

Then again, it probably would lead to me quitting or being fired. Don't like when fancy dress is mandatory either.

Comment

Can I ask what is achieved by making teachers, or others in authority in an organisation, dress up is some ridiculous outfit for the day? Don't they risk losing any respect that they may have from their pupils or staff?
                            How does it raise money for Children in Need?
                            Sorry to be naive in this but it strikes me as totally daft!

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                              We are expected to go to school on Friday in our pyjamas!
                              You put them on over your normal clothes innit

Originally posted by Rabidbun View Post
                              I'd go for costume that could be adjusted to be inappropriate ... Don't like when fancy dress is mandatory either.
                              I like it at school, because the kids enjoy it so much. I've been as Sharpei from HSM and as Cheryl Cole (I have a few wigs ). I don't mind making a complete t*t of myself at school, but:

a "friend" recently had an 80s party (we're in our forties ffs) ~ I wanted to go as an old dear in her 80s but Mr TS refused
                              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 15-11-2011, 09:49 AM.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                be one step ahead of these fools that force people to be cheery.
                                Enforced cheerfulness: that's exactly why I hate Christmas, but I get called all kinds of names for that :rolls eyes:
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X