X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas comes but once a year....
    but does it have to be every year

Comment

Once a year - YES. But only on December 25th - when I'm out!!

Comment

I have succumbed. I got my eldest to put up the lights on the hall greenery yesterday. I bought new LED lights to help with keeping power consumption down, and they are white. It's quite a strange light.

We tested them out - the twinkle sparkle is very rapid and more in keeping with strobe lights at a rave. Eye-bogglingly, mind-achingly awful. We'll just have them on the slow setting....

Haven't put any decorations on the greenery yet....but now the lights are up....well.....I'm tempted. No sense doing half a job!

Jules
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Im still convincing hubby that december the 1st is when we put up our decorations AND YOU GUYS ARE NOT HELPING!!!!!! hehehehe. Always has been the 1st seems too early now. However I usually have plenty of crimbly spirit but this year Im struggling and when I do find abit it feels kind of forced Plenty of time yet. I love Christmas normally.
          http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

I have a set idea in my head when it comes to Christmas. We have so many people who spend it with us (23 this year) and I want it to be perfect for each of them. The drawback to this is that I end up looking and sounding like a fishwife and being stressed to hellbreaking levels. So, if I start early and take my time, I might have a better, more relaxed Yuletide.

Jules
            Jules

Comment

Also, lets not forget that the weather is sure to get worse as the month goes on, so it is best to get the decorations up now, just so you are not endangering your selves in the hellish weather that could be to come.....
              Chilli Grower
              mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
              +----------------------------------+
              | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                I have a set idea in my head when it comes to Christmas. We have so many people who spend it with us (23 this year) and I want it to be perfect for each of them. The drawback to this is that I end up looking and sounding like a fishwife and being stressed to hellbreaking levels. So, if I start early and take my time, I might have a better, more relaxed Yuletide.

Jules
                Delegate, Jules. DELEGATE! It's your Christmas too!
                When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

I am just sitting here eating a "waitrose Richley Fruited Christmas pudding" with brandy cream! mmmmmmm been waiting 10 months for them to get the Brandy Cream back in! these puddings are the best!

Darren.
                  Chilli Grower
                  mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
                  | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|

Comment

Originally posted by DGoulston View Post
                    I am just sitting here eating a "waitrose Richley Fruited Christmas pudding" with brandy cream! mmmmmmm been waiting 10 months for them to get the Brandy Cream back in! these puddings are the best!

Darren.
                    Have you tried Waitrose Heston's Pine Scented Mince Pies? I bought some on reduced and they are totally carp. Tough puff pastry, overly sweet mincemeat and they do not make your kitchen smell like Christmas trees. I was sooooo disappointed.

Jules
                    Jules

Comment

There is one thing I like about Christmas - Chocolate Fudge Yule logs, especially the end bits with the really thick, gloopy chocolate on. Thanks for reminding me. May have to stop ignoring the Seasonal aisles in the supermarket now.

Comment

I used to make those. I worked in a bakery. i really don't like them

Comment

I think they're horribly sickly really, but just can't stop myself eating them!

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                            Have you tried Waitrose Heston's Pine Scented Mince Pies? I bought some on reduced and they are totally carp. Tough puff pastry, overly sweet mincemeat and they do not make your kitchen smell like Christmas trees. I was sooooo disappointed.

Jules
                            I don't want my mince pies to smell of pine needles. I want them to smell of mince pies.
                            When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Mince Pie = an anagram of Pine Mice. Sorry - I just had to do it!!

Comment

Because we have Christmas away, and don't get there until a week beforehand, the only 'early' bit possible is presents, and like my Mum I start looking in the January Sales (in theory....). I will be baking the cakes soon (to take with us, they don't sell the right sort out there), and making ginger 'wine' (non-alcoholic), but decs can't go up until we arrive.....
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X