No announcement yet.

Electricity Bill, how much is yours?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a bloody mine field, Ive just been looking at comparison sites and Npower came out top. They reckon they can save me £54.00 a year, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder?
    " Thou shall not lay a hedge when the birds are nesting"

Comment

There have recently been mutterings about those price comparison sites. Apparently you get hooked into a deal, then once you've signed up it's no longer a great deal

Quelle surprise

Cartel? Did anyone say "cartel"?
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 06-11-2011, 10:49 PM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Haha!

We live in a bungalow Steve - more roof than a house for the same square footage.

having said that we've pretty much covered it - left just enough space for some water heating ones if OH stands by his idea of having them too.

Oh, I'm off to start a thread.

Comment

We've just had panels fitted too but kept it under the 4kw to keep within the top FIT. Not had a bill since then but have already got the hang of using the delay function on the dishwasher / washing machine to make the most of the peak generation - a bit like the oposite of what my mum used to do with Economy 7

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

£62 per month all electric with edf.

2 Bedroom Flat, spare room just used as a greenhouse hehe. lots of plants on windowsill and as the chest freeze is in that room, it keeps the room very warm (its a 7 or so year old chest freezer).

Economy 7 boiler (heats water up at night), cooker, fridge freezer & chest freezer, dishwasher (every other day), washing machine 2-3 times a week.

only used the heating around 7 days in the last year.

we are not energy concious, we just use whatever we want a pay the bill.
            from my point of view you only live once. so might as well enjoy the luxuries.

Darren.
            Last edited by DGoulston; 07-11-2011, 10:09 AM.
            Chilli Grower
            mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
            +----------------------------------+
            | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
            +----------------------------------+

Comment

I Pay by monthly direct debits of £30 elec £45 gas to EDF on dual fuel tariff.
              I don't work so in the coldest part of the year the heating is on all day from 7 - 11pm

Comment

Mine is tenner a month in the summer months for leccy and gas with npower ... I live in a 2 bed ground floor flat .... just me , hubby and I-Pig the cat .

Having said that I never let anyone have the heating on and switch everything off ... I also discourage the washing of people and clothes ( the cat is self cleaning )

It's probably a bit more over the winter - maybe upto 30 quid for both but I do get 100 quid discount for paying by DD which to be honest covers about a third of it anyway.
                Last edited by Piggle; 08-11-2011, 12:21 PM.
                Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X