Argos computer warning

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argos computer warning

If you buy a computer from Argos and have a problem with it..
    Don't send it back for repair without removing all personal info off it.
    One of the lads I work with bought a refurbished laptop from their outlet store, powered it up and found it asking him for a password He looked at the paperwork and found that the invoice had a name and phone number on it. So he rang it and found that it was the previous owner, who had sent it for repair, and been given a new one.
    Dozy mare actually gave him the password, and of course, he found all her personal files, e-mails and (very embarrassing) browsing history was still on it.
    I believe that both he and she are threatening to sue Argos...
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

OOPS !

That's the sort of thing I expect more of PC World.
    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

No offence intended to Argos here but!! I wouldn't have bought a computer from them in the first place. I think that it is a little more technical than their technical / returns department could handle. So i wouldn't go there.
      But as for the story, i think that it is very bad and i don't blame them both. Although the delete browsing history comes to mind if you need to send your pc off anywhere.
      "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Honestly, never buy a computer from any multi-national, or large scale company (such as PC World, Currys, etc). They'll charge over the top prices for an unbelievably sub-par product, and most don't even include a dedicated graphics card.

Honestly, if you're ever going to send your PC off somewhere to repair it, I'd certain advise having an external hard drive for all the important documents, photo's, videos, etc and install a fresh OS. Don't leave any trace of what your usual PC looks like: you can accidently leave bank details, passwords and the like all over your PC forgetting about it.
        Garden Chris

Comment

as Garden_Chris said, I would never recommend buying a second hand computer from places like Argos.
          my mum got her Samsung NC10 from there and it is perfect, but we would never go there to get support.

Darren
          Chilli Grower
          mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
          +----------------------------------+
          | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
          +----------------------------------+

Comment

Anything to to with Windows is a Nightmare I/we switched to a Mac 6 months ago and never looked back

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X