X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corris View Post
    I'm a girl.
    So am I and riggers work for us too

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've got an old pair of shoes that I wear outdoors for the chooks, I can't wear crocs, when I'm cleaning or refilling bedding or food I end up with bits in my crocs, yuck.

If I'm honest when I read the title I was a little concerned, as a welshie I've heard a lot of jokes about back legs and wellies, but never with calves, they would damage your toes.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Just put 'yard boots' into an eBay search. You'll come up with tons of options. My favourites are the sort that look like wellies round the foot, but fasten with velcroes round the ankle.

Comment

You can get crocs without the holes.

Comment

Tried some crocs on once, totally uncomfortable, can't understand why so many people like them.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Tried some crocs on once, totally uncomfortable, can't understand why so many people like them.
              Do you have narrow feet, or long toes? I have short wide 'Croc-shaped' feet, with short toes - Crocs were made for me!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                Do you have narrow feet, or long toes? I have short wide 'Croc-shaped' feet, with short toes - Crocs were made for me!
                Never really thought about it but my hands are so probably so - did find that there was WAY too much space at the sides especially as they're another brand that seems to think things get wider as they get longer (works on height too, bigger sizes have longer arms).

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Never really thought about it but my hands are so probably so - did find that there was WAY too much space at the sides especially as they're another brand that seems to think things get wider as they get longer (works on height too, bigger sizes have longer arms).
                  You're right there - I'm short, but have long arms and legs (used to get called Spider as a kid ), it's only now I'm overweight that I can get arms the right length!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    You're right there - I'm short, but have long arms and legs (used to get called Spider as a kid ), it's only now I'm overweight that I can get arms the right length!
                    So basically I can justify eating loads of cake and chocolate to get clothes to fit - worth a try

Oh and I still rate rigger boots - just to bring it back to the OP!

Comment

Originally posted by Corris View Post
                      I sound like a dream huh? Blimey the OH is a lucky man.

I need something easily slip on and offable. My normal footwear is crocs in the house and hiking boots out, but this popping out to hang washing/check on chickens/stand and look at garden is having a detrimental affect on my flooring... such as it is (we haven't put the carpets down yet!)

Now, I think little wellies with fat calf spaces should be fine - they do them for kids no worries but I can't find them for adults.

Any recommendations please?
                      I've been ages hoping to come across these - no joy. I have ordinary wellies which take ages to get in and out of, and require a bit of pushing and pulling even though they're quite big; so usually I don't bother. Then going to the garden for anything often results in wet shoes, socks, trouser ends - I agree that Crocs let it all in, even though they're comfort itself when it's dry.

As to cutting down big wellies - it seems so clear when you say it but I'd never thought of it. Good idea.
                      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Do you have narrow feet, or long toes? I have short wide 'Croc-shaped' feet, with short toes
                        In most of Western Europe, feet tend to be narrow at the front, with wide heels. In the UK and the US, the reverse is more often true, which is why outdoor footwear for the British market is either made on a different last, or doesn't fit very well. (Don't ask me about Eastern Europe, to judge by the Czech boots I used to sell they use bricks as lasts.)
                        Those hapless Hobbit-like craiturs with a longer second toe are genetic sports thrown up pretty much at random, nothing to do with ethnic identity.
                        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
                          Those hapless Hobbit-like craiturs with a longer second toe are genetic sports thrown up pretty much at random, nothing to do with ethnic identity.
                          My brother is one of them

Comment

I've never understood why my feet stay warm in crocs, and why they don't sweat.

Its an anomaly.
                            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I have such difficulty finding shoes to wear. I have completley flat feet with no arch, which means my feet splay out sideways and I have a weird 'second ankle' that digs out too. I can't wear womens shoes at all, nothing with any sort of heel (even 1/2") as it hurts my feet. Especially can't wear shoes with the 'woman's foot' shape in them as my wide feet spread over both sides haha!

I have yet to find wellies that fit me at all, I either have to buy them a few sizes too big to fit my ankles in (which then hurt from rubbing up and down) or buy them the right size for foot length but have the rubber (which im also allergic too! woohoo, i'm a ball of fun!) tight around the width of my foot. Gah I hate footwear shopping. I have 2x doc martens, 1x birkenstocks, 1x slippers and 1x mens skate shoes. that is all of my shoes. my OH has more pairs than me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                                I've never understood why my feet stay warm in crocs, and why they don't sweat.

Its an anomaly.
                                I thought crocs were cold-blooded?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X