No announcement yet.

Winter tyres

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered mine ("all season" tyres) at lunch, and they're coming out to fit them at work tomorrow. Now that's service!

I always get quite excited when I get new tyres. The car always feels better - as you'd expect I guess...?
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Wayne, its only October. Won't they wear excessively and lose their performance if you overuse them prematurely?

Just a thought.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Last year the lane to the in-laws turned to sheet ice. My poor old volvo couldn't make it up the worst bit, so I had winter tyres fitted. After that I had no problem.
        This year I'm driving a Shogun (mot permitting ) Having 4wd doesn't guarentee no sliding, but makes it easier not to.
        Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          I've heard a rumour that you need to inform your insurance company, as this could be seen as an upgrade? Is that bunkum?
          Providing that the replacement tyres are the same width,profile & speed rating then there is no need to inform your insurer
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I work in the motor trade and drive many vehicles during the day,last winter we had really bad snow where i live and i drove to and from work, using my normal tyres and was fine. In twenty fours years of been in the trade i have never been asked to fit any winter tyres,Im not saying there not probably good and useful,but i find driving steady,leaving a bigger gap between cars to avoid braking and steady use of the gas pedal works wonders. Most people know that so long as the tyres on the car are 1.6mm plus they are legal,but a legal tyre dont always make a safe tyre,High speed driving on wet motorways is far more dangerous.

Comment

I've been wondering about snow socks, i borrowed some snow chains from a friend last year, could I get them on? could i hell.
              Messing around trying to chains on a transit is no fun, but snow socks look so much easier.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X