No announcement yet.

What's your earliest memory?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably earliest memory would be my Dad selling our car i gret my eyes out I couldn't understand why he wanted to get rid of it , i think it was a brown austin maxi...

Comment

My earliest memory is having to go into hospital to have my appendix removed. I was aged three, and it was pre NHS.

I vividly remember a lot of my ten day stay in hospital.

valmarg

Comment

Traumatic memories tend to 'stick' better, largely because such events in a natural setting are usually things we desperately need to learn from.
        My earliest clear memories are all related to the prolonged stay in hospital when I was about 2½. A not-so-clear one (a much nicer one) is from when I was still expected to have a sleep after lunch, even when the family (and the friends we holidayed with) were all on the beach. One of the families had an Airedale Terrier called Rusty, and he lay down next to me while I was wrapped up in a sleeping bag to rest. This would be a couple of months after a birthday, so maybe when I was just more than 2, or perhaps the next year.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I distinctly remember how I hated my "Shirley Temple" head of curls and remember standing in front of my mums dressing table with a curl in one chubby fist and a PAIR OF SCISSORS in the other! I don't actually remember doing the darstardley deed, but DO remember my mum's wail of ,"Oh, LORRAINE!!!!!" and looking down at an awful lot of Shirley Temple type curls on the floor! Mum reckoned I was about two years old when I asked her about it in later years.
          Funnily enough, my hair has never wanted to grow much past my collar boned ever since, while my sisters - who resisted the temptation to fleece themselves can grow it as long as they want!
          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Wow, that's a hair razing story !!
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X