Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shutters have closed ;-)

x VVG
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Hi there, yes maybe CMOS - sorry!
      Nothing on screen - it shuts down before showing anything at all

will check this evening!
      Last edited by Headfry; 01-09-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

sounds like catastrophoc hard drive failure

Comment

Originally posted by The Large One View Post
          sounds like catastrophoc hard drive failure
          Hard drive failure would normally result in the BIOS trying to boot from another drive/device & show a DOS type message to that effect
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Well you've lost me that's for certain. Hope you get it sorted soon.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Any news on the beeps front?
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Hey who needs Microsoft anyway
                Not at all helpful, but this reminds me of my brother's ironic comment on the sales slogan once. (He fixes computers for a living.) "What do you want to do today ?...Well b***** off, you have Windows !"
                There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

No beeps? Peeps?

Comment

Hi there, sorry we did not get a chance to make use of your kind advice yesterday. Village fair marquee had to be put up. Computer was left to sit and think about it!
                    Mr HF has chocolate cake to bake tonight not sure which stresses him more, cake or computer. We have a best choc cake baked by a man class in our fair. Our village goes very quiet when the guys are baking the night before - sneaky things happen, the hiding of tins, peeping through windows....it's all done in fun but the competition is for real!

I just hope we can get the computer going - worries, worries, worries!

Comment

If you have a separate graphics card, I'd reccomend unplugging it then try starting it again. You should still have an onboard graphics card. If you do have a a spearate card, there'll be two slots for the monitor to plug in, take the connection out of the graphics card, take the card out, plug in the connection to the onboard one.
                      I'm only saying this because I had the same problem earlier in the year, and the pcie slot was knackered.

Comment

Thanks Taff, will check this out.

Comment

Something I found incredibly useful was a 'Hirens Boot CD' Disk.

If you google that, you'll find a piece of software that lets you bypass Windows Operating System - essentially, creating a 'new' OS over the top of your existing one so you can access files from your computer which you may wish to save should you find your computer irreparably damaged.
                          Regrettably, you'll need another computer capable of burning files to a CD (ensure you've selected Data CD, not Audio).

This wont fix the root cause of your problem, but it'll offer you piece of mind in the mean time that your photos, videos, important documents, etcetera are safe and secure.

Honestly though, without physically being next to your computer, I'd find it difficult to offer any worthwhile advice, other than the above.
                          Garden Chris

Comment

A huge thank you for all your help. Mr HF has read your messages and taken much on board. It was the power supply!

once more I thank you all - I dont know where I would be without the kindness and help from the lovely peps that make the grape vine the fab place that it is. I know of no other such forum where people are so kind

Thank you
                            HF, Mr HF and the 'feeling much better now' PC
                            x

Comment

Okay, so the computer is fine............ but what about the chocolate cake?
                              Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                              Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Naughty! Going to bake some choc buns and no, you can't have some:-)
                                Pleased it's all sorted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X