New Rayburn tomorrow!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh- it's wonderful!

In the summer we tend to use an electric domino hob ( 2 plates) and a microwave ( with grill). Other peeps have a small 2nd electric cooker.

I think it's just a matter of adapting cooking methods/choice of food you choose to eat in the summer.
    When the fire is lit to heat the room I try and cook a rice pudding/bake/casserole ( to freeze) at the same time.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I don't know how much they would cost to import, but the French do a wide range of different Aga or Rayburn like stoves, at much lower prices. We have what is called a Morvan, which like your Rayburn, has completely changed our lives. It heats the water, runs around five radiators, and keeps the kitchen snug all winter. I've just this morning finished baking bread in its oven (tomato and onion wholemeal, half wheat and half buckwheat). It is wood powered so it's a lot of work cutting the wood and storing it, but I'm currently using up all the twigs and small branches which have been in huge heaps for the past year. It took about an hour to get the oven to 200C but then it stayed there for the bread to bake.
      I don't know about gas or solid fuel versions, as I guess they would be expensive to run, but if you are lucky enough to have a source of cheap, or better, 'free' wood, then the wood ones are great. We tend to burn poplar, as this is what we have and can harvest sustainably, but with oak or chestnut it would be even better.

Comment

Is it one of these bertiefox?

http://www.chaudieres-morvan.com/Plaquettes/MC20.pdf
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X