No announcement yet.

foraging course

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Food Lancashire - Events - Thoroughly Food | Local Food Online | Local Food Suppliers | Local Food Events | Local Food News | Lancashire Farm Shops | Farm Shops Lancashire | Foody Phil

after many searches - ive found one.... booked me and the OH on th mushroom forage in 2 weeks -
    Cost: Slow Food Members £13.75 - Non-Members £15.75

going to make sure i get a couple of wild food forage walks in next year too!

Comment

Great stuff, don't forget to report back to let us know how it was (be good too, incase anyone else searches for this in the future!)

Comment

just popping back in to report after the mushroom forage. Was really interesting and well worth the money/time spent. Jesper the expert was really interesting to talk to and holds a wealth of information. I found over a hundred shrooms, but about 80% were poisonous and 1 was the death cap :-/

If you fancy a nice long walk round silverdale on the NW coast, id def recommend it. Was a long day tho, over 5 hours walking followed by a tasting session in the local beer garden.

i'll be going on it next year!!!
        gaz

Comment

Originally posted by valmarg View Post
          In a word, no.

I'd love to gp on a 'fungi forage' with that chap on the Hugh Fearslessly-Eatsitall River Cottage telly programme.

In this area we have plenty of brambles for blackberries. We also have loads of damson trees in the hedgerows (damson gin being rather tasty). Up in the Weaver Hills there are bilberries (which blueberries are tending to replace).

valmarg
          That'd be John Wright. Here's his own web site: Welcome | Wild-Food
          Enjoy!!

Comment

Creative Foraging Course

Hi there - I know you posted your thread some time ago - but I was interested in it as I have been looking for foraging courses in the Northwest - they apear to be few and far between!!! So I was just wondering how you got on? and if you ever found anything? I saw this and thought you may be interested: Creative foraging course details, Burnley | 55065670

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X