No announcement yet.

Anyone handing out hugs?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know you well enough but *hugs* though I suspect you know you are doing the right thing and the only reason you feel a bit bad about it is because you don't want to upset anyone, even your Boss...
    ‘you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore'

Comment

Originally posted by shobhna View Post
      Don't know you well enough but *hugs* though I suspect you know you are doing the right thing and the only reason you feel a bit bad about it is because you don't want to upset anyone, even your Boss...
      Upsetting people is never nice.

Feeling slightly better now though - bit like a sticking plaster I guess...
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
        Upsetting people is never nice.
        He's the boss; it's his job to take the upset when staff leave for whatever reason.

He shouldn't make you feel guilty about wanting to spend more time with Bean.

Would he worry too much about upsetting the staff if the company needed to lay people off?

Comment

To be honest he needs to understand that this is the ways of the workplace. My ex boss (who had already been the cause of several people leaving) refused to accept my resignation and also told me not to tell people. I think he thought that if he pretended it wasn't happening then it wouldn't. Talk to him tomorrow and make sure he (and HR) accept your letter otherwise it has the potential to get messy - I ended up having to argue about my leaving date which was totally unnecessary.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Dude, as an employer I've tried to keep staff members on when they wanted to leave by offering a better package, they didn't accept and to be honest in the end I was glad. As employers we like to keep the status quo because its like a pair of old slipper they fit well.

Its never easy handing in your notice, and I have been in your position before. You have to be objective about it. If the new deal is better for you and your family, then its the right decision.

You obviously caught him on the hop, but he'll be prepared tomorrow, so expect him to have an offer on the table, but if you've made up your mind explain your reasons and it will be fine.

Good luck on the new job dude. I won't offer you a man hug as that doesn't float my boat, but you can have a big slap on the back, a ruffle of the hair, and a dead arm. Hows that.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I think tomorrow will be easier - I'll also be in jeans and a shirt rather than shirt and trousers, so I'll feel more at ease (daft innit?).

I expect an offer to be made - but I think he will realise that my mind is made up fairly quickly. Besides, there's an element of trust now gone as a result of that 3 minute exchange this morning. I'd not trust me if I was him.

There's also the issue of telling my dude (looks after our web) that I'm leaving - I feel like I should, but obviously won't until after tomorrow's meeting.

Will be glad when it's all over.

I know he can be ruthless - my predecessor was sacked on a Friday afternoon, and I started the following Monday morning. Still doesn't make it easy when I like/respect the guy.

Will be over soon.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Now now Wayne whats this all about you big softie. Your life with bean and Mrs HW is far more important, you want to earn a good living and work the hours that suit you to spend more time with them, end of. The more you think about it the more you will worry, if it wasnt the right thing for you to do you wouldnt have gone for the other job in the first place.
                Hugs when the others have finished with the step ladder.
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

No words of wisdom I'm afraid but a great big (((((((((HUG)))))))

Reet
                  x

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                    I won't offer you a man hug as that doesn't float my boat, but you can have a big slap on the back, a ruffle of the hair, and a dead arm. Hows that.
                    Phew Mikey - I was worried about you there for about 10 seconds. *I was never confused....

Comment

Hugs and all the best...fwiw I think you did best telling him today,hopefully you'll be able to have the chat tomorrow and relax at the weekend...imagine feeling like this until Monday.

Also,I missed that you got the new job...Huge Congratulations.
                      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Come 'ere handsome!!!!....* gives mahoosive huggle...and so....

remember- if all was hunky dory where you are now, then you wouldn't have been looking elsewhere - so- Congrats on the new job- and start looking forward to it without too much of a pang of guilt!

( you only feel guilty cos you're a kind, sensitive sole- qualities to be admired) xx
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I don't need the ladder Wayne, but you will have to bend down a little bit. Big Hug love, bet you feel better already, it feels like a group hug!

Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

The old saying is true that you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. Bosses are paid extra to take flack and deal with problems. It's his problem not yours now and you can't slide on a decision to leave so you won't upset anyone can you? Daft Wazzock!

Do you know the story about the man who was in tears at home because he'd borrowed money from a neighbour and couldn't pay it back? His wife asked why he was so miserable and he told her. She threw up the window and shouted to next door, "Hoy, You next door!" The neighbour opened his window and said "What?"
                            "You know that £300 my husband borrowed? Well he can't pay it back!" With that she shut the window and said, "Cheer up - let HIM worry now!"

Big hug from Momma!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Probably a bit late from me but squish!

Comment

are you sure there isn't something bigger going on. Are redundancies possible in your workplace?

Maybe he has asked you to keep it to yourself for a different reason?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X