No announcement yet.

Vine slow today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using Chrome, on a Mac, with Adblock Plus, on BT snail-speed broadband. When it's loading it says that it's waiting for the ads to load. I click on refresh, and it loads.

I'm not gloating, cos I've got no one to talk to; Himself and the Pup are asleep, and the Chickens aren't interested...
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      and the Chickens aren't interested...
      What aren't the chickens interested in???

Shouldn't you be out doing more interesting things like gardening??

Wake up pup and take him/her for a walk or OH!!

Comment

The Chickens aren't interested in conversation. As for Husband and Pup, well they're both asleep because we went for a long walk. I spend all week gardening, it's nice to get a break! Besides, it's too hot for anything much here today, and I'm having an attack of the lazies!

Comment

Bit quicker than yesterday, but still very slow. Tries your patience really.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

First time I've managed to get on all day and to be honest I don't know how many more times I can be mithered to wait 3 full minutes between pages.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Just off to install AdBlocker...It's not often I manage to not only eat, but also cook my tea between pages loading !
              Still, think of it this way. The Vine is here to inspire gardeners. Slow download speed is Mother Nature's way of getting gardeners to go out and garden, just as rain is Her way of making us do housework (ie making cookies on our computer) !
              Why, I even opened a veggie growing reference book this evening...
              There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Has ANYONE else tried pressing RELOAD????

Comment

I have emailed Dave. Hopefully he can fix it on Monday
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Well, my plea in mitigation at first was that we have a dreadful BT broadband provider. I thought it could probably be down to them.

I should have to say. BT are not to blame.

GYO site organisers, can you get your act together, because your site is not very good at the moment,

valmarg

Comment

It worked fine at 5 o clock this morning but its murder tonight

Comment

I think consensus opinion is that GYO 'aint up to snuff'. At the moment.

valmarg

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          and I'm having an attack of the lazies!
                          I know how that feels I'm like that most of the time.

Comment

This is the fifth time today I have tried to get on - gave up the other four and can't be assed waiting for pages to load so I'm offski. Also, why can't we stay on with a remember me function anymore ?
                            Thangs ain't what they used to be! Is the vine a victim of it's own success or is the new look just a pretty face with nothing to support it? Changes are not always for the better !
                            Rat

British by birth
                            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Tried several times last night to log onto the vine but was waiting for ads.acevillepublications.com whoever they me be. I'm assuming it is some advertising company connected to the vine as the top banner took forever to load. I gave up in the end. Anyways its 05:40am and everything seems back to normal.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                                I'm using Mozilla Firefox with the "Adblock Plus" addon.
                                Its quick as lightening

snap
                                same here....might be the ads then?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X