No announcement yet.

Amazon Kindle

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried an Android version of an electronic book reader thing, which was awful! It went straight back and I got myself a Kindle, which is lovely, works beautifully, and it doesn't even mind when I fall asleep and drop it on the floor! I love the 'electronic ink' screen, its so easy to read, and I love the way it is dimmer in lower light levels. A glaring backlit screen would be horrid to read just before bed!
    Hope MrsBB likes hers too!

Comment

Hi people and thanks for the replies Swmbo is a big reader (that is she reads a lot of books) and they have just closed our local library so she now has to travel 4/5 miles to the next one.

It was our 40th back in June and this could be the special thankyou present I have been looking for.

Colin
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Colin,if you get one from Tesco (same price as Amazon) do not do as I did & get the case at the same time,first take the kindle & pay for it,you should then get your receipt/12 month guarantee & a £3.99 money off voucher to use against any kindle accessory,which will bring the standard black leather case down to about £4

Well done on the milestone anniversary
        Last edited by bearded bloke; 28-07-2011, 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

You can tell how far into a book you are by looking at the foot of the screen!

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            It was our 40th back in June and this could be the special thankyou present I have been looking for.

Colin
            I bought Mr F one for our 40th last year. He had only had it a week when he decided it would suit me too, so he bought me one - on his account! Great. I got 2 presents. I already had a turquoise and gold ring.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Flum,

SWMBO got her gold ring 40 years ago. We don't normally do wedding anniversary things so she was more than happy this year to come home to a house full of flowers and a big box of her fave chocs.

However she has had a lot to put up with for the last 40 years ME! So I have been looking round for that something special that not only would she really like but get a lot of use from to and this seems ideal.

Certainly beats new marigolds which she got for Christmas one year, took her two days to try them on and find the eternity ring inside.

BB thanks for the tip I will bear it in mind.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                ...Certainly beats new marigolds which she got for Christmas one year, took her two days to try them on and find the eternity ring inside...
                PMSL - I bet she hated you for those two days!

That has really made me laugh!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

The lady was a little miffed to say the least I only had two problems (a) keeping a straight face. (b) Making sure she did not bin the marigolds before trying them on.

Did get lots of brownie points the day after Boxingday though.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X