Inherited tendencies....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inherited tendencies....

Just wanted to share something my sixteen year old daughter said yesterday that made me smile.
    I've only been growing for three years and this is the first year I've had the whole back garden dug out so I get quite excited when I have a success (tho' from what I've read on here the excitement may never stop). She usually greets my enthusiasm with a well practised '' Ooooh a carrot Mum that's fab'' followed by a quick disappearance in case I should produce something else or worse still force her to actually come into the garden to see something growing. That's on a good day, often I just get eye rolling and grunting noises or ''No chance of Chinese tonight then!''.
    I was therefore really surprised and very chuffed when she started telling me about the things she's going to grow in her garden when she has her own house, apparently there's quite a list! Makes it all worth it

Are you sure she said "what she is going to grow" and not what "you are going to grow in her garden", if the former, sounds like she getting broody and you need to have "that talk" again .

Comment

Hmm.....now you mention it getting others to do it for her sounds more like my daughter

Comment

sounds like everyone's daughter (and son)

Comment

My daughter rolled her eyes when I picked up a jar of vaseline last week. "Go on then mum, what's it for? Bet it's something to do with the garden". "Sure is, it's to put around the top of some buckets to deter the slugs". They never stop rolling their eyes, but they'll light up in surprise when they taste the produce!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Very well done. your enthusiasm has clearly rubbed off on a very intelligent daughter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X