School's nearly out for summer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School's nearly out for summer

Two more sleeps then schools out for summer, love it or loathe it ?
    I love it because I dont have to get up early for 6 weeks, loathe it because I will be awake earlier than usual.
    Love having my daughter home and this will be her last summer as a free person, although she may get a holiday job. Cant believe this will be her last year at school even if she goes to college next year she is all grown up.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

I remember the feeling of the last day in school - one of the best days of fun and messing around I can remember

Comment

Errr...we finish next week on the 26th!!

Comment

Love it, the roads are empty so can drive to work in half the time or not risk life and limb against so much traffic

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
          she is all grown up.
          No matter how all grown up they become, they continue to worry the hell out of their parents

Comment

I'll have the nieces & nephews over I should think, give my sis a break for a while. After the atrocious weather of the last 3 summers, I haven't booked any camping though.

If we look like getting a dry couple of days I'll have to taste my chance of getting on a local site (the good ones are booked up years ahead).
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I've booked my leave during the school holidays, so hopefully my grandchildren will find some time for me!
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I love it...like you though it acts as a little reminder of how quickly the kiddies are growing up...DS has just had his last Monday ever as an Infant.
                Hopefully the weather will brighten up and we can be out and about enjoying it but if not I plan on attempting to make a little mini orchestra with them from junk...roll on the noisy party when it's all done
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                  No matter how all grown up they become, they continue to worry the hell out of their parents
                  Yep they sure do, four boys aged nearly 24 - 32 and one teenage girl is why I am completly grey lol.
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Remember those little charts we had as kiddlings?

The count down to Christmas? Birthdays?

You marked each day off with a nice big cross each morning?

I have one of those for the summer holidays! For me!

Used to love the Staples advert with the 2 grumpy looking children and the dad. He was merrily skipping around the store grabbing pens, paper etc to the sound of 'The most wonderful day of the year' .......

Seriously though, when the Reetlets play nicely together, it's great. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

So how long before we hear the first 'I'm borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred'?

My girls break up Friday so I give the middle Reetlet until .... let's see .... Monday, about lunch time and the littlest Reetlet ...... Saturday morning ..... this Saturday morning

Reet
                    x

P.S. In case you're wondering how come I've got a middle and littlest but no biggest Reetlet, the Biggest Reetlet is very nearly 20 and has left home

Comment

At least mine stays in bed till lunch time if I let her lol but being the mean mummy that I am I make her get up about 11 ish or earlier, depends what I want to do. I can, and do leave her now so dont have to wait for her anymore.
                      and ends with backache

Comment

Our kids have been off for a couple of weeks now, I love it cos it means my youngest ( almost 16) is here to help with the dogs and I dont keep having to come back from the plot.
                        But it doesnt mean long lies for me cos the screamers across the road are chucked out from first light almost, they cant play without screeching their heads off

Comment

I can almost relate to that except it is teenagers in the middle of the night playing loud music and drinking the planet dry whilst conversing very loudly . It's a pleasure to go to work sometimes

Comment

Well on the whole i love it. No kids at home but there will be lots of babysitting the grandchildren. Omg no 1grandson turned 16friday just gone. How old do i feel!

Comment

Never mind the kiddies, what about those that work in the gaff? And don't even get me started on the 'but you have all those holidays and finish early' lobby!
                              Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X