No announcement yet.

Question for FB users

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you would have had vinegar on your boiled cabbage, its a fact!
    I suppose that was the cole'd reality of the situation...
    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
      If you were brought up in Little Bromley, you would have had vinegar on your boiled cabbage, its a fact!
      Not just Little Bromley...in fact I'm now craving some boiled white cabbage drowned in vinegar!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I'm beginning to think that this thread has entered a persistent vegetative state...well what else do you expect on a gardening forum, it always comes back to the greenery with us mulching maniacs !
          (Must go, I am trying to correct my nephew's recidivist spelling faults via corrective comments on Facebook...)

Comment

I don't know about kids using FB, I think pensioners should be banned. An elderly friend of the family has just sent my wall a video featuring an unclothed large (!) male and a partially clothed young female

My security picked it up so it couldn't infect my laptop, but what was he thinking? Or has someone hacked his account? (he hasn't a lot of a clue about computers)
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              I don't know about kids using FB, I think pensioners should be banned. An elderly friend of the family has just sent my wall a video featuring an unclothed large (!) male and a partially clothed young female

My security picked it up so it couldn't infect my laptop, but what was he thinking? Or has someone hacked his account? (he hasn't a lot of a clue about computers)
              I resemble the remark about pensioners TS. And one of my younger friends (Amy's age) has posted the same video to my wall. No idea why she would think I would be interested.

Comment

Could be devilment RL

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                  one of my younger friends (Amy's age) has posted the same video to my wall.
                  Ah, I think it's a virus thingy then. I've tried to google it to see if it's a hoax or what, and I get taken straight back to that video on FB ~ if you click on it the thing must go to everyone in your address list ...

(anyway, I reported it to FB a few hours ago and the video now seems to have disappeared)
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 18-07-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

There are quite a few scams like that doing the rounds at the moment, including one about a spider under someone's skin. I never click on anything like that anyway.

Comment

The scientific press is going on about how one of the biggest computer security threats to come - which as you can tell has arrived already - is viruses and other malware, "in the cloud" - that is, lurking on servers you visit/use when processing documents, using applications like FB, Google, etc.
                      You don't even need to get them on your computer to wreak havoc - poor security settings alone can make your personal pages as dangerous as a louse-ridden typhus victim. Think fleas...

Comment

I think F.B is a good way to keep in touch with people that don't live on your door step. I have quite a few friends live in the States and 1 in Australia and it's a lovely way to natter and see photos of them. I can catch up on what's happening in there lives & they can do the same with me & see my photo albums. Some of the games are well worth playing, but others are a waist of space. Jinny even has his own F.B page...just for fun...and he has lot's of friends that like to keep up with what he's doing. If you don't take it too seriously it's worth participating in, but I personally wouldn't let a child have an account. The OH's nephew is on F.B and he's 10...with over 200 "Friends", he's lied about his age and hasn't a clue who 75% of his friends are...now that to me is just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

Believe it or not, most people look like they have posted these at some time or other but they are indeed not posted by the person themselves; if you click on the cross you can report them as spam - and keep doing it as they do the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            if you click on the cross you can report them as spam - and keep doing it as they do the rounds.
                            I did, and it then disappeared from all walls it had appeared on within a couple of hours

Comment

I use it to keep an eye on my kids and grandkids and rest of family...........but very rarely post anything!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                                I use it to keep an eye on my kids and grandkids and rest of family...........but very rarely post anything!
                                That's pretty much why I don't do it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X