No announcement yet.

Bad Back Story

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something which also may help are those huge balls, there is also some great advice online regarding exercises you can do.........or ask your physio about one. It may help. Just another one of many options.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Know your limitations and stick to them. As if.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

My sympathies Parsleythelion.

I am off to the osteopath tomorrow following the GP telling my I have slight arthritis in my back

At the grand old age of 33 I am hoping he osteopath is going to tell me the GP is mistaken! (lots of family history I would like to avoid)

But same as you the lottie has a bad habit of calling me!!
        Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
        Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
        FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

We had one of those big balls for the current mrs p. Bigmally, it never got used so we gave it away!! Typical I think I will invest in one again (and use it this time!).

Comment

Good luck Parsley, I sincerely hope it eases the pain.

Exercise Ball Workouts for Back Pain
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Pilates so long as you get a decent teacher is fab - helps to teach you which muscles to use and strenghens your core. Also improvements to posture mean that you have better body position to do stuff. I started about 5+ years ago in my mid 30s and it's been so helpful. The class I go to has a group of people with a right bunch of genetic / life limitations and the teacher is able to adapt the exercises to suit.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks for the link BM, I use my ball mainly for stretching out, unkinking my spine (I use a foam roller too, but that's hard & quite painful. In a good way). I might actually use it to do some exercise now
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  Something which also may help are those huge balls, there is also some great advice online regarding exercises you can do.........or ask your physio about one. It may help. Just another one of many options.
                  Part of the problem, Shirley?
                  Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

I don't like the balls but find the hard foam rollers are fab - think it depends on your natural body shape.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have upper and lower issues with my back, and have now gone down to 8 week intervals at the Chiro, which is a vast improvement from twice weekly. Far better on the pocket, too. Have to say, I'd give up drinking to be able to afford a 'clicking' session at the Chiro!

Raised beds, a good thick kneeler, and decent tools are a bonus...
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X