• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks great!

Comment

You could go into business here!

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. It would be nice to think there was a business there as it has been very enjoyable but I fear it would be like the wall murals I used to paint. Once you quote, suddenly everyone discovers an artist in the family who can do it! lol
        Fantasy reminds us that the soul is sane but the universe is wild and full of marvels

http://thefrontyardblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dave_norm_smith View Post
          Thanks for all the feedback. It would be nice to think there was a business there as it has been very enjoyable but I fear it would be like the wall murals I used to paint. Once you quote, suddenly everyone discovers an artist in the family who can do it! lol
          We have that problem with the handmade chocolate. We have a teacher in the family, and when their school was looking for raffle prizes she volunteered a £50 chocolate gift basket. We weren't asked if we'd like to donate £50 worth of chocolates, we were just told we had to as it had already been promised to the PTA! We don't mind helping out for good causes, but we do mind the presumption that we can afford to give away lots of chocolate to anyone and everyone.

Jules
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Wow! That is well out of order. At least no one is stupid enough in my family to do that to me, they know that they would have ended up picking up the tab or trying to explain why it wasn't there. They could have at least asked first!

The reason I built my own was that they are well over £100 in the garden centres for a good one and I just don't know anyone who would realistically pay that. I even found an oak one online for £1500. The problem is as you will well know, people don't appreciate the labour involved in art/crafts type stuff unless they make something themselves. So they look at your chocolate and probably say 'how much, I can get a whole bar for that', the fact that there is no comparison in taste, variety or finish is wasted on them. This is why as a trained illustrator and artist I fnd myself selling kitchens! Least it pays the bill's
            Last edited by dave_norm_smith; 02-07-2011, 08:41 AM.
            Fantasy reminds us that the soul is sane but the universe is wild and full of marvels

http://thefrontyardblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

That is exactly the problem crafters are up against. I deal with it every day as an organiser, but I won't get on my high horse here cos I'd never get off. It's doubly hard with the recession too. Anyone trying to sell their own creations, in whatever field, is really suffering just now. It's very sad that the tax man has done for cottage industries.

Jules
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Fab!

To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X