No announcement yet.

Neighbours' tree

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a lovely surprise when I arrived home form holiday last night - the willow has has a drastic haircut. Hooray. There is light in the kitchen and I can see the sky from my garden. Everywhere is some much lighter.
    In the end I suggested whilst feeding the cat and watering the garden while we were away ( a reciprocal arrangement ) my neighbours might like to look at the shade in our garden. Apparently it was due to be pruned but there were birds nesting. Anyway it is now reduced to about 6'. Hopefully it won't get as tall as it was before.

Comment

What a great result - and no animosity. Well done you!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
        yes but a nail sticking out of a tree trunk is a bit of a giveaway
        Then knock them in!
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
          You might be surprised, but it isn't ideal......
          I positioned a dumpy bag full of rocksalt one metre away from a hedge.!

Result...........big gap in hedge where it died off!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X