Cor horticulture is hard work

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cor horticulture is hard work

It's been a monthish since I started at the nursery, and boy it's hard work..but I'm loving it.
    Take a 2l pot, fill it with compost and a plant, x by 7 or 8, stuff them all in a plastic crate and lift. ERRKKK. Crreeaaak. Then do it another 30odd times, take em all somewhwere and (of course) unload.
    Is it any wonder my biceps are starting to bulge a lot?
    And we've got them buggy things to pull the trailer loads of plants around. Whoohoo, just watch the potholes.. bu**er..pick up the escapees and try again, SLOWER. Mind that crate on the corner..well it's only a bit squashed, honest.
    And missy 'I wouldn't know how to multiply a hosta if you paid me' just got paid for turning some big ones into lots and lots of baby ones, med ones into at least twice as many and dirty great big ones into..well, dirty great big ones free from weeds and fully fertilised.
    The boss has two speeds, fast and concorde. My brain's spinning, my back aches, I've got sunburn, wellie wearers foot, and, yup, a serious case of 'ouch this is fun'
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

You sound like you're having a ball Hilly, glad to hear you're enjoying it (I think)
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Brill - lovely to hear that you're both learning and enjoying!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Sounds absolutely brilliant Hilly
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I think that sounds amazing? Do you want to swap?!!

Today i'm failing database over and handling the errors encounted when moro...er users try and hit the websites when it's happening. I'd rather count twings in B&Q compost.

Comment

Fantastic!!!...every schoolgal's dream!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Great news.

I'm currently sat here waiting for something to do at work. I am paid for looking out of the window for 8 hours a day. Yeah!

Comment

Aren't you bored? Have you got a good book with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouya Mellsa View Post
                  Great news.

I'm currently sat here waiting for something to do at work. I am paid for looking out of the window for 8 hours a day. Yeah!
                  Kinda like me, I'm paid to browse forums all day

Comment

Glad to hear you're loving your new job Hilly, doesn't it make a difference doing something you enjoy.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Sounds wonderful and full on. And you have the bonus of getting fit! Wonderful
                      Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X