Problem viewing posts and threads.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raybon View Post
    OK, here's why I'm giving up this site! Apart from not ever being able to find what I want....
    Frustrations are ( if anyone's interested) finding responses to threads without the original thread itself, there's a particularly nasty apparently political one......if these are not to be reactivated/ commented upon, why are they still up there?
    Find it disconcerting that two people 'like' that you ask why I'm reactivating a thread....sad! Get a life!
    Weird that people are having 'conversations' via song titles!
    Thought this was a genuine gardening site, so obviously this is not for me!
    Did appreciate the good advice when it appeared, though. So thanks for that.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
    I'm not sure I understand some of your points but agree with other comments that if you're viewing through this app thing then navigation isn't as easy as the proper site, it's like a forum-light with only some of the information. I also do sometimes think people click like on strange things but they probably think I do too. I think there was some confusion why you'd re activated a long dead thread rather than started a new one (I can never find old posts) but I don't think it actually matters. Finally it also think the song title thread (and the panto one for what it's worth) are rather weird, I just don't find them funny so don't read them or contribute. I too joined for gardening reasons and don't have the time for a lot of the other stuff even if I wanted to join in, find it strange that some people join just for the social and do little gardening related posting but they may think me odd too, I don't really care . Basically what I'm saying is don't worry about the rubbish stuff, it's not doing any real harm and what you like May be somebody else's rubbish.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks for the input folks When I read Raybon's response to my question I never gave a thought to the fact that it was posted from the app & that navigating the forums might be different that way,maybe those of you that do post/read through that medium might like to start a thread telling others how you do things.
      If there are any takers please start it in General Chat,give it an appropriate title & one of the Mod's will make it "sticky" for easy future reference.
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I like the app far more accessible and navigation just takes a little getting used to but once you've mastered that there's nothing wrong with it!

I'm sorry that some people don't quite get the just for fun section! But I think it adds something to the forum I mean are gardeners supposed to chat gardening 24/7??

C'mon chilli out!
        In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
          I'm sorry that some people don't quite get the just for fun section! But I think it adds something to the forum I mean are gardeners supposed to chat gardening 24/7??

C'mon chilli out!
          I don't chat gardening 24/7, I have family and friends for normal chat (wouldn't have them for long if I spent more time on here and didn't interact with them too). Most of them though don't do gardening that much so I come on here for that. I'm not missing out at all so no need to feel sorry for me . As I've said many times, different people want different things, that's fine, there's loads of us so should be something for everybody. Do get a bit annoyed when a serious gardening query gets high jacked by drivel but such is life. Despite what you think I'm pretty chilled about it all without posting song titles

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            I'm with you on the navigation issue, Raybon, I'm a long-time user on laptop, but having real trouble with the app.

It is not 'sad' that people have 'liked' your post, it is there way of expressing support - they agree with what you said. As do I.

The song titles thread is in the 'daft' side of the forum, where those of us with noting else to do, get together and have a laugh. It is very social, and lots of real friendships have been made there. Many users meet up in person, and. I believe there has even been a marriage!! (Although I may be wrong on that point). You should hang around for the Panto (yes, really), in the winter - it's mental!

This IS a genuine garden site, not only that, but it is THE BEST gardening site, if you stay, you'll discover that for yourself.

The good advice keeps coming, it's just that (I think) the App is not intuitive. Try and have a look at the 'proper' site on a computer, and you'll see how it's actually laid out, which will make it easier to understand.

Good luck!
            This is the kind of thing I mean - surely the 'like' applied to the response, not my comments? Bewildered!
            Thanks for taking trouble to reply.

Comment

"Like" in this context doesn't mean that we "like/enjoy" the comment, more that we agree with the message - namely that we couldn't understand why you would re-activate a thread that dealt with problems associated with an upgrade to the system a couple of years ago.
              Don't know if this explains it adequately

Comment

Raybon...it's only when members such as yourself let us know that there are problems with access to the forum that we can then send a message out to other members or Admin to see what can be done to /explain things.

Until you commented I don't think any of the mods were aware of problems.
                As mentioned in post #17 we are all happy to work together making this place as user friendly as possible.
                Thanks for bringing this to light...hopefully others using the GYO app will continue with suggestions.
                We are happy to contact Admin if there are any aspects which continue to cause problems so they can look into things.
                Last edited by Nicos; 23-03-2014, 07:33 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi Raybon,are you getting the hang of searching the forums a bit better now ?
                  I see earlier this evening you found .. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ips_66381.html .. if the answer to your problem is not already listed,please detail it in that thread & we will do our best to find a resolve.

Comment

This is the kind of thing I mean - surely the 'like' applied to the response, not my comments? Bewildered!
                    Thanks for taking trouble to reply.

Apparently still not doing well - I can see part of a message you left me but it will not let me access the remainder when I click onto it, nor leave you a direct reply...Aaaaaargh!

Comment

Apparently still not doing well - I can see part of a message you left me but it will not let me access the remainder when I click onto it, nor leave you a direct reply...Aaaaaargh!

Try viewing this thread on your PC/Mac rather than the Ipad,as all parts of all messages show clearly on mine I wonder if it is a problem with your device rather than the forum.

Comment

I use the main website e.g. Not App, on an iPad and have not had any trouble. Don't know whether that helps or not.

Comment

Thanks, this is the way to go!

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                          I use the main website e.g. Not App, on an iPad and have not had any trouble. Don't know whether that helps or not.
                          All becomes clear(er),thank you. Icons explained! Threads in continuous line! Less guessing/messing about! The App bears no comparison.......

Comment

Glad that's sorted...

Right, next?!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

I guess I should be glad there's no Android app yet then? It all works just fine via my tablet's usual browser. Not so good via Chrome on the tablet though.

Comment

If on app pics appear as broken links etc, try settings->advanced options->clear cache

That's resolved it for me in past
                                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X