Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
    Sounds a little iffy to me too.

On a similar note,the other day when I was in Asda the couple in front had cash back coupons from their previous shop...I've not yet tried it as I didn't get much that day but apparently there's a serial number at the bottom of their reciepts that you can plug into the computer when you get home and it's compared to other supermarkets...you get refunded any difference you paid over if that makes sense.
    This was the famous spreadsheet for Tesco's price promise against Asda. It backfired when people got organised and in some instances got the goods for nowt and cash back as well!
    https://spreadsheets0.google.com/pub...=4&output=html

I think the price promise has went out the window now..............but Asda still have one to a lesser degree!
    Last edited by Snadger; 07-05-2011, 08:02 PM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Me to G4, but I used to train security managers for a multi-national retailer.
      History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        I would ask to speak to someone in authority, at the store - it could be that the person is pilfering...

But then, I do have a suspicious mind...

It must be all five till workers in this shop then as it is across the board!
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Our Co-op always asks if you 'require a receipt'. I always get one, but then rarely remember to look at it...

Comment

Tesco's are very poor for getting items correct at the tills. I always check mine and claim twice the difference back at the customer services department.

One thing I have noticed is that the free coupons are not passed on to the customers. If you look at the till you will see loads of £3 off if you spend £20 on your next shopping.

If shops are interested in saving paper, they just need to look at the packaging they insist supplies use for packaging and shipping cases.
            Last edited by WrexTheDragon; 08-05-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              It must be all five till workers in this shop then as it is across the board!
              They could all be in on the scam and sharing the rewards.
              Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Originally posted by oldie View Post
                Me to G4, but I used to train security managers for a multi-national retailer.
                Your point being...?
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
                  They could all be in on the scam and sharing the rewards.
                  I wonder whether a word to head office would be in order then?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I aways drop an email to head office if i see something not right or get poor service or buy something below standard.
                    often you will get some recompense.
                    I have worked in retail managment all my working life and could write a book on some of the scams and thefts i have seen.
                    Roger
                    Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Never heard of this one before,if people don't take their receipt we have to tear it up and bin it.

Comment

Your point being...? I am well aware of all the scams used by employees as well as customers.
                        History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Email to HO sent............reply received back saying to give them a couple of days to look into it! Fair do's!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by nannyphizz View Post
                            Never heard of this one before,if people don't take their receipt we have to tear it up and bin it.
                            If no receipt is asked for, you don't get one.............none is printed out, hence no receipts to bin!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I always hand reciepts to customers along with any coupons that are printed out with the change if paid by cash. I hand them out to those who pay by card anyway. The only thing I forget sometimes is to add points for reusing bags especially when people are talking to me, if its a regular customer I add the bags next time, you can go to customer services to get them added on. It helps when customers say at the end before they pay how many bags have been reused.
                              Any reciepts not taken I screw up and put in the bin.
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

I missed this first time around. I use the self serve checkouts for this very reason - I also add up as I go around too, and make note of special offers. Couple of times they've not registered so I query them and they scoff - i've watched people go through the normal tills and not notice (they're side by side). I work hard for my money, and as such I'm quite vigilant about it (bar impulse buys!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X