No announcement yet.

Happy Pancake Day.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up for a year once...not a drop. And it was my first year of uni, people thought I was barmy.

Comment

You know when its Shrove Tuesday, or Pancake Day:

Everyone's got a crepe joke to tell

(takes coat)
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I had Pancakes again today for Brunch!

I crumbled Cheddar Cheese on to a Pancake, then added three Bacon rashers, and an egg, then a second Pancake on top. Yum.

Same again tomorrow.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I was going to give up Chocolate fro 40 days, but I've been weakened by a large bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk Caramel...maybe next year

Comment

I always give up alcohol for Lent, often coffee, and this year chocolate (the choccy bar type, not drinking chocolate) as well.
            Even for those with no religious belief, 40 days of NOT having something you enjoy is a good mental discipline, makes you think about it, and makes you appreciate it more as well. How much do you actually ENJOY a treat you have every day? A break brings back the pleasure of when it was new!
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
              How much do you actually ENJOY a treat you have every day? A break brings back the pleasure of when it was new!
              I don't consider the things I have every day to be a treat, for example only tend to eat a choccie bar about once a month / six weeks anyway, same with takeaways (actually probably less than that) so I don't really see any point in giving them up artificially. My attitude to food is that if I want something I'll have it and that way I find I rarely crave anything. Would be much more likely to be wanting something if I'd told myself I couldn't.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X