No announcement yet.

tattoos on kids

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't argue with neighbours over something that you can wash off in a couple of minutes. Let the kids have a bit of fun, take a deep breath, count to 10 and scrub them off!

Comment

What may be making these sticker tats attractive is the fact you don't like them. If you ignore it the craze will literally wear off. Don't think you should take any action yourself as it is using the children to make a point and that just isn't right. Ignore them and she will tire of trying to wind you up!
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Oh Dear,you'd have hated me at the last school disco...we do set a limit of ten each now though

I think they're harmless,although a tad unsightly when they start to rub off and can be a PITA to get off,(a covering with baby oil ten mins before washing eases them off a bit).That said I can see your point that you've actually asked that your children don't have them and (s)he is still puting them on them.
        I started off with a lot of ideal rules when mine were proper little...no fizzy drinks,crap food and guns etc...those things are now just not allowed in the house,if they're at a friends house or party then it's up to them,they feel awfully left out when all their friends are having something and they can't.
        I obviously have my limits...and am quite proud that both DD and DS will often turn something down because they know I don't like it or they've decided they agree and actually don't want it...but some of the less harmful little things I think it's maybe not worth getting in a tizz about.

Hope you can resolve it...if not I'd maybe shave lines in their kiddies eyebrows x
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Can't believe this - we loved lickin & stickin em on us as kids - for goodness sake where's the harm?
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I hate tramp-stamps with a passion.

They define a person for life.

These licky-sticky things are just teaching kids that it will be Ok to get tramp-stamped in later life.

I would not allow my children to be abused in this way. Talk to your kids so they understand the consequences of such activity.

The proof of the growing is in the eating.
            Leave Rotten Fruit.
            Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potasium - potash.
            Autant de têtes, autant d'avis!!!!!
            Il n'est si méchant pot qui ne trouve son couvercle.

Comment

Originally posted by teakdesk View Post

These licky-sticky things are just teaching kids that it will be Ok to get tramp-stamped in later life.

No they wont. Both my lads had the stick on ones as nippers, neither of them wants a tat now, not that I would be too bothered if they did.
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I would not allow my children to be abused in this way. Talk to your kids so they understand the consequences of such activity.

That maybe wasn't meant to make me laugh...but it did!

Firstly 'tramp stamps'???
                Secondly,I'd love SBP's response to this one as she says she loved them as a kid....how many tramp stamps do you have now?(if it's not rude me asking)...I honestly can't remember having the transfers when I was a kid(lived in a remote little village)but now have several of the real ones.

They're harmless little transfers!!!

BTW...I know my skin will sag more and more over the years and the flowers and faeries it holds will distort into monsters...I'm thinking it'll give the staff at my residential home a giggle when they have to bath/wash me...got to have a giggle

Comment

I don't see the big deal tbh about transfers, they wash off anyway. I didn't like them when I was younger, but I now have 7 tattoos, so there is no link. Besides, surely getting body art done is all down to choice once you are over 18? Yes some tattoos are unslightly but its all down to personal interpretation and choice...

As for the woman doing it against mum's wishes, now that is silly. Don't know how to get round to her though, she doesn't sound like the listening type

Comment

Having thought about this overnight - it seems to me to be a darned good way to get your children washed - I seem to recall mine weren't at all keen on washing at that sort of age!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      Having thought about this overnight - it seems to me to be a darned good way to get your children washed - I seem to recall mine weren't at all keen on washing at that sort of age!
                      Quite the contrary Flum...or at least with mine.They develop a sudden fear of water in case it washes them away...I think they have competitions amongst their friends over who can keep theirs the longest

Comment

Bit harsh. I also used to wear them as a kid but I wouldn't dream of having a tat done now. Too permanent. About what Flum said, if you make them wash every time they come back with one, that might be enough to put them off

Comment

As children we used to use the transfers. They were fun, and washed off.

I think the problem occurs when a child decides they want a permanent tattoo.

I listened to a local radio programme recently which stated that the minimum age for anyone to be tattoed is 18. Even if a parent gives consend under that age it is illegal, and the tattooist could be imprisoned.

I absolutely hate tattoos. I just can't see the point.

valmarg

Comment

Dear me, calm down a bit. Transfers are not child abuse, I could list here a load of things which are but they're way way beyond transfers which you can buy in any shops and I think it would be a pretty offensive list to put on a family forum. Firstly, the phrase "tramp-stamps" is very offensive. I don't have any tats and think that some can be tacky but some are fine but they are the choice of a grown adult and therefore none of my business.

Secondly, I see non reason why putting a sticker on you as a kid would lead to anything anyway - I used to love putting the older girl next door's make up on as a kid, really plaster it on but as an adult wear it about twice a year. My mum could have been stressed about the way her 8 year old came home with make up on like a clown but she kept her mouth shut and just cleaned it off. With hindsight I know she didn't like it but it wasn't like they were getting me drunk or feeding me junk food so it didn't really matter.

Finally, talking to the kids is unlikely to make them realise the consequences of the activity as you describe it as kids aren't daft and they'll soon realise there is no logic in the arguement.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              I used to love putting the older girl next door's make up on as a kid, really plaster it on
                              My 11 yo niece is staying with me this week: I am in my gardening togs and she's done up as a cross between Marilyn Manson and Cyndi Lauper
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

DS used to love dressing up in his sisters fairy costumes...AND played with make up

Valmarg,the legal age has been 18 for as long as I can rememeber...fwiw,although I have tats and have still 15 years later never regretted any of them,I will probably persuade my two,if they ever want one anyway,to wait until their twenties.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X