Burning treated softwood - DON'T!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
    I would say you however are looking a little grey around the gills snadger.
    Thats the woodash I use for war paint!

PS Wondered why my apples seem to store for such a long time!
    Last edited by Snadger; 04-02-2011, 01:58 PM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

PS Wondered why my apples seem to store for such a long time!
      I guess it saves on buying almonds.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Nothing in life is ever simple eh butt.

You watching the very important game later?
        I'll try and tune in to watch us beat you lot Fingers crossed we win, I work with all Welshies, don't want to face tourment the whole day! And as I'm the only english one in the office, I can see I'll be picked on if you win hehe

Comment

Well you haven't had much practise of it lately, well soon see.

Comment

Hehe in all honesty, I don't really follow UK sport. I grew up abroad- had an American schooling so more so lean towards US-based sports. Ice Hockey is a big favourite of mine, and I still play now - some 20 years down the line... Super bowl is on this Sunday I think, but too late for me to stay up, getting a nights uninterrupted sleep is a novelty at the best of times!

Comment

I was gutted when the bears lost in the semi, I've supported them for about 20 years since the days of the fridge, and we've been through some lean periods.

Can't understand most American sports, there are far too many breaks and not enough action. American Football is the worst, 60 minutes of action over 4 1/2 hours. You guys really need to reduce the ad breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
                From a carbon footprint POV, I think it's best to avoid burning wood completely as this just returns C02 back to the environment. I chop up my fence panels and if small enough put them in a brown bin where they can be processed by the council into compost. Fence posts have to go to landfill where they may turn into oil in a few million years.
                If you are using the heat, to replace other heat sources (such as coal, gas or oil), then burning wood is an excellent idea. If you are just doing it to get rid of waste wood, I agree it is undesirable. Reducing landfill would be a good idea too, because we are in danger of running out of suitable land to fill, and the fuel needed to run the earth-moving machinery on the landfill sites should be considered too.
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I guess it saves on buying almonds.
                  Marzipan flavoured apples!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I was gutted when the bears lost in the semi, I've supported them for about 20 years since the days of the fridge, and we've been through some lean periods.

Can't understand most American sports, there are far too many breaks and not enough action. American Football is the worst, 60 minutes of action over 4 1/2 hours. You guys really need to reduce the ad breaks.
                    I'm not American, just educated until 'year 7' under their curriculum, then went into the british schooling section. But all the tv out there (Saudi) was american stuff, so many adverts - crazy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X