No announcement yet.

Hacked accounts?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just cancel the permission Jeanie. Mine said I had access from elsewhere too - but that was when I was on OH's Poota a couple of weeks ago. You can also set it to send you an email if access is tried from anywhere else. So I activated that.
    Last edited by Glutton4...; 31-01-2011, 09:54 PM.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

It says the location is approximate - I use three computers and use my lappy with a dongle when I'm out and about - just wondering if this manchester ip location is my own one!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
        OMG - my facebook says it is being accessed from Manchester. How can I find my own IP address?
        Jeanie, try this. It will tell you what your current IP address is.
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

It will be the wireless dongle Jeanie. Mine said Bristol when I was on my mobile!

Comment

Phew - you guys are better than 999 you know!
            I have now reassured myself that my IP address is here and not Manchester - and the dongle is where I was when I used it!

Comment

Cheers Sarz...you're a clever one.xxx

So I have an 'unknown location' as well as mine...any way of finding out where or who that is?
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

If you hover over the unknown location it pops up with the IP address, Di. I wrote mine down and checked on Hotstuff's link - and there it was! Phew!

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  I've had spam emails from myself to myself for ages. Before I joined FB. I don't use Hotmail, as I heard that is one of the worst.
                  I have hotmail and I find it's got a very good spam filter. I don't get much at all and wht I do get is only because I won't tell it that Thompson and Morgan aren't spam! Fell out with them over a VERY late bedding plant delivery last year. It filters out their advertising!
                  Last edited by Flummery; 01-02-2011, 04:29 PM.
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

i had problems last year with ebay someone in australia had been using my account to sell cars luckily ebay saw this and closed my account they had changed my password on my email account as well im sure its to do with the faceache site

Comment

After Hotmail had a DOS attack a good few months ago, my Hotmail account suddenly started sending spam. This was months after the attack, nothing untoward had happened meantime, all had been fine with my account.
                      To begin with I thought it was a keystroke logger virus that grabbed my login details when I was at a cybercafe - then I changed my login details on a computer I knew was secure, and still my account was sending spam ! Hotmail obviously have a security breach in their database - which accounts for why they never closed my account for sending spam, which is normally SOP.
                      Still happening, two passwords later, it isn't frequent and I have no confidential commercial information at risk so I am not too worried - but it is embarrassing, as I am usually very good on security.
                      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

I'm pretty sure mine's not/wasn't being used to send spam...more someone I know was obviously mistaken by thinking I was interesting enough to snoop on
                        Hopefully it's sorted now.
                        Cheers for the advice everyone.x
                        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X