No announcement yet.

Shefford smells of onions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha JJ I was going to post about that one - They ysed to say you could tell when it was going to rain because you could smell the coffee!!!

I dont smell it often these days as I'm not often over Hayes way these days!
    http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

My OH has delivered to Shefford, butternut squash in his case [I mean he was delivering butternut squash]You are right they are down Sandy Lane and are called Parripack.

We have a smell of green onions, the farmers store all the 'wrong size' onions in a big heap near the Wash then spread them on the fields, they make your eyes wate,r it honks! we also have the aroma of all sorts of food cooking from Freshcooks which is around 4 miles from us and make ready meals for marks & sparks etc and last but not least the smell of boiled sweeties as Jakemans sweets are made in Sutterton about 5 miles from us, they smell lovely

Comment

Banbury - food factory.....smells of a cross between coffee and mashed potatoes! drives us mad trying to work out EXACTLY what it smells of. At least its not totally unpleasant.

Comment

We have a farm about ten minutes' drive away, where they process/pack spices - it smells truly wonderful!

The feed merchant I use, also process Garlic for some of the feeds - I never want to leave the place when they're doing it - I walk around like the Bisto kids in the advert! LOL
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            There is a Nestles factory in Hayes - they process coffee there and when the wind is in the right direction you get the waft of coffee travelling several miles!
            I grew up within smelling distance of that, especially since the lorries removing the 'spent' coffee grounds came even closer.
            It wasn't a very nice smell either!
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
              In my ignorance I glanced at this and thought it was about Sheffield, but you didn't want to say it out loud.
              Meaning? I think "How very dare you" might fit here?
              Last edited by zazen999; 21-01-2011, 10:13 PM. Reason: fixing quote
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I know what Glutton4 is talking about. I went to Zanzibar in the late 70's when they grew mainly cloves. You could smell it for miles. I don't think they grow as much now, they are trying to attract tourists to boost their foreign currency earnings.
                History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Hertford used smell wonderful some days when McMullens Brewery did something, I know not what, but guess at started a new brew with hot water and mashed malt.
                  Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                  Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                  I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

In the 70s I used to live in Wellingborough and, if I remember rightly, the Weetabix factory was in nearby Irthlingborough and it smelt Georgous! although I cant stand weetbix to eat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X