No announcement yet.

Time Management

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found a similar thing in the Window's Live Mail calendar, that lets you schedule daily tasks, just having a fiddle now...

Comment

Ooh watch out, Rome's burning.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I use the calendar on my phone: it's not very sophisticated, but I can put in daily, weekly, monthly or annual tasks. It's very useful for those yearly jobs like pruning etc
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I don't think that there is any system which really gives you a short cut here, whatever way you do it you'll have to put quite a bit of work in to set it up in the first place otherwise it won't really be of much use. Shame really

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Tomorrow is another day-that's what I started saying to myself when I wasn't able to cope with all the tasks planned for a day.There was just too much to do in some days,while in the others I could sit fiddling my thumbs(not many of these).
            I've got a calendar and a dry wipe board on the kitchen door.Calendar for long term tasks and important ones(like doctor appointment or payment) and board for lighter duty ones.
            Look at the tasks you've got-are they everyday ones like walking the dog or cooking the dinner(i wouldn't bother putting them into calendar).Somebody else could also walk the dog sometimes and if you serve sandwiches once or twice a week instead of slaving at the cooker,nobody will starve.How many people are in the household?Is it possible to get them to share some domestic chores?
            Don't stick to the planner too much,sometimes an unexpected visit or a phone call can shatter the plan of the day.The world is not going to collapse if you fail to fulfill your daily regime.You deserve some breathing space for yourself.Enjoy life
            Last edited by coreopsis; 07-01-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              I've just checked and I don't even have 'Outlook', only 'Outlook Express' - the joys of using an outdated OS
              It's not your outdated OS Sarz. Despite sharing part of their name Outlook & Outlook Express are quite different things. OE is a give-away e-mail client. The full-blown Outlook was always a lot more "corporate", had a lot more features like being able to schedule meetings for a group of users and generally paid for.
              There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Hope you're not going to turn into one of those sad gits who carries a Filofax round with them!

Just BLAG it! (Time management indeed)
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
                  It's not your outdated OS Sarz. Despite sharing part of their name Outlook & Outlook Express are quite different things. OE is a give-away e-mail client. The full-blown Outlook was always a lot more "corporate", had a lot more features like being able to schedule meetings for a group of users and generally paid for.
                  Ah, that's cleared it up for me. I use it at work along with 3,000 other employees and can share other people's calendars. Sorry to have misled you Sarz and thanks HotStuff!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

What browser do you use Sarz? If it's Firefox then you may want to investigate Sunbird or Lightning.

Calendar Project - Home of Lightning and Sunbird®
                    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Can't blag it when it's OU work/study/assignments Snadge I'm getting really behind with it all because I just waft through the day without any set times for doing stuff. Works fine for gardening, but not so great for getting assignments in on time

Anyway, must get back to it... Deadline is next Thursday

ETA: I use Chrome HotStuff.
                      Last edited by SarzWix; 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

ETA: I use Chrome HotStuff.
                        Sorry, I phrased that badly, you can use still try them, it's just that they are from the same organisation as Firefox.

Comment

I'm sure Google have a Calendar add-on for Chrome?
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Can't blag it when it's OU work/study/assignments Snadge ..................
                            Past all that carp now Sarz I'm ..................how do you phrase it? " Waiting for God"

I'm only in my fifties really, but if I have an option when work want to send me on a training course which is usually b*llsh*t anyway, I just can't be %^&*( anymore and can usually get out of it.
                            Done enough studying when I was younger so now I just blag it!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

i use outlook linked to my blackberry which is absolutely great for business i don't think i could manage without it now

you can pick up a blackberry for around £20 a month if it helps!!
                              May the road rise to meet you,
                              May the wind be always at your back,
                              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                              The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
                              Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

Sarz, I'm a procrastinator with respect for Snadger and his outlook (no pun intended) - sometimes things fall into place, sometimes we get stuff done, sometimes not. But I know it's important for you to get organised when you have committed to an OU course.

Best of luck anyway - and when you find a time-management system that actually helps, that leaves you free to get on with the tasks and that actually facilitates getting things done, let me have it please.
                                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X