No announcement yet.

HELP! UPS Now threatening...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This all sounds like a scam to me. I would not pay anything, as others have said, I doubt very much that UPS would send an email but actually write to you. Is it worth contacting ebay because if this is a scam they may want to close the account holders account to stop others being drawn in?
    AKA Angie

Comment

The following is from the UPS uk website:
      'Please be advised that UPS does not request payments, personal information, financial information, account numbers, IDs, passwords, or copies of invoices in an unsolicited manner through e-mail, mail, phone, or fax or specifically in exchange for the transportation of goods or services. UPS accepts no responsibility for any costs or charges incurred inappropriately as a result of fraudulent activity.'
      AKA Angie

Comment

As the others have said - DON'T PANIC!

I would IGNORE their correspondence. It is NOTHING to do with you. IF they send a Bailiff round, tell him it has nothing to do with you. They are just trying to frighten you. IGNORE it. They can't lock you up, or force you to pay something that has nothing to do with you.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

To be honest a fair amount of baliffs are ok and understanding people. If you do have one come around then just calmly explain to them the situation, maybe have copies of the correspondance between you and the person you sold to for evidence in a folder near your door. Don't invite the baliff in though, but talk to them at the door. If you explain the situation and present evidence they will generally get on your side. We dealt with a baliff when NPower came after us for someone elses owed account and the balif was very kind to us.

Remember, you have not done anything wrong! Even the UPS websites terms and conditions point that out so really DON'T PANIC! The worst thing you can do is to panic. I recommend that you ring trading standards and talk to them about the sutiation tomorrow (after the bank hol and when they are open again) as sooner is better than later in matters such as this. They may ask you to go talk to the C.A.B. in which case take all correspondance between you and the buyer and you and UPS.

Also keep in mind if you had written to UPS previously they have to respond to your initial letter within 28 days, if they have not done this then there is a chance that you are either the victim of a scam or that you are the victim of incredibly bad and unfair business practice. Either way there is something you can do about it. You just have to stay calm. If there is a dispute over this account then UPS have to address that and not blunder on ahead blaming the wrong person.
          My very pink Blog about food and...more food

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
            The following is from the UPS uk website:
            'Please be advised that UPS does not request payments, personal information, financial information, account numbers, IDs, passwords, or copies of invoices in an unsolicited manner through e-mail, mail, phone, or fax or specifically in exchange for the transportation of goods or services. UPS accepts no responsibility for any costs or charges incurred inappropriately as a result of fraudulent activity.'
            Given that this states that UPS do not ask for payment via email it would be an idea to check that this actually IS UPS contacting you?
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH
              There was an earlier thread about this, while possibly not a scam as such certainly very dodgy business practise
              Yes, I saw some of that. I assumed that the OP had tried to do something about it but it hadn't worked and so had letters from UPS threatening sending bailiffs around.

Originally posted by minskey View Post
              The earlier thread was me, don't know what to do. What if I get the emails from the account holder together and forward them to UPS and tell them I am not the account holder [very clear in those emails] They would have obtained my partners name and address either from the account holder or the packet as 'sender', even though he is not strictly the 'sender' as collection was arranged in Poland..............................
              You posted that before - what have you done about it?
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Minskey hasn't said that anyone has contacted them by email; I am assuming the emails are the ebay emails not the UPS ones.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                  I think the consensus on the first thread advised Minskey that she didn't need to do anything!
                  Maybe that approach didn't work and has resulted in the latest threat /thread .
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    Minskey hasn't said that anyone has contacted them by email; I am assuming the emails are the ebay emails not the UPS ones.
                    Sorry my bad, note to self, read OP properly
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

seems like we need more info.
                      How are they contacting you? by e-mail or by snail mail? if e-mail, through ebay or not?
                      do you still have a copy of the ups shipping info as originating with the guy in poland?

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                        Yes, I saw some of that. I assumed that the OP had tried to do something about it but it hadn't worked and so had letters from UPS threatening sending bailiffs around.

We did nothing as
                        we are not the account holders.

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                        I think the consensus on the first thread advised Minskey that she didn't need to do anything!
                        Maybe that approach didn't work and has resulted in the latest threat /thread .
                        Exactly right Jeanied

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                        Right again.

I'll try and get through to trading standards tomorrow & keep you posted.

Comment

Minskey - I've sent you a PM, take a look
                          BP

Comment

Originally posted by minskey
                            Originally posted by zazen999
                            Right again.
                            Okay, it's just you posted at the top of the thread:

Originally posted by minskey View Post
                            UPS have now sent us a 'Final Notice' and want payment by11th Jan.
                            Let us know how it goes then...
                            To see a world in a grain of sand
                            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Cheers Bagpuss.

Sorry Smallblueplanet, didn't mean to be terse. I really appriciate everyone's help. I will keep you all posted.

ta, minskey

Comment

I suspect I'd be quite terse if i was being threatened by the ups too.
                                if I hadn't already been threatened by another organisation...who were also talking b*****ks
                                Last edited by taff; 04-01-2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X