No announcement yet.

Limbo land

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we are on a Mr BP family Christmas this year (we take it in turns to do Christmas day with one set of parents, and Boxing day with the others). This means travelling (for me) from west London, to Berkshire (work for four hours !!), Berkshire to West London, West London to Essex (breath) and back again.
    So we've had a busy night packing presents ready to go, piling the others for Boxing day up ready to go, packing sleeping bags, food, wellies and spade in case we get stuck in snow ! Phew. Off for a long hot soak now

Comment

haven't stopped today, been out since half nine and just finished now and still have to go out again, variously getting petrol for long drive, christmas gifts for children, visiting ill people [bladdy flu], packing, food shopping,etc etc.
      Can't wait to sit down and do nothing but that wont be till boxing day.

Comment

I am 76 years old and have many dependants that thankfully are now able to cope for themselves within the family unit. But, I remain vigilant, as my role demands to know what goes on in their lives. We are still an integral part of their world and that is where my energy is devoted.

Comment

I did the supermarket shop y'day, got a lift from Mr TS because it was too icy to cycle. He then carried the bags to the house so I could unpack and put it all away while he busied himself with the telly

He was too busy with said telly to drive me to lotty with 6 bags of kitchen scraps, so I cycled them up at ... midnight! (I couldn't sleep).

Today I have to finish his present - a new shirt. It's all cut out and the collar is done, just need to sew it all together now. Might do a 2nd one if I feel so inclined
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Yesterday I went into town to finish the shopping, carried 75 kilos of coal and 15 kilos of dog food into the house, made fudge, made a chocolate steamed pudding, wrapped loads of the presents, and looked after 4 kids (mine + 1). Got to bed at 3am.. This morning I've sat on my bum on the computer, but really should be cleaning, mending the washer, making up hampers, finishing the wrapping... etc etc etc.

**Yawn** Would much rather go back to sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              Yesterday I went into town to finish the shopping, carried 75 kilos of coal and 15 kilos of dog food into the house, made fudge, made a chocolate steamed pudding, wrapped loads of the presents, and looked after 4 kids (mine + 1). Got to bed at 3am.. This morning I've sat on my bum on the computer, but really should be cleaning, mending the washer, making up hampers, finishing the wrapping... etc etc etc.

**Yawn** Would much rather go back to sleep!
              Wakey wakey. Hope you have recovered from that marathon SarzWix and ready for the next one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X