No announcement yet.

Any advice on buying a car? :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever car you decide on make sure you see it in daylight hours, give it a good check over before you even think of a test drive, body work, underneath, tyres, if its all electric doors windows ect, make sure it all works. If stood in driveway, check for oil leaks, and water levels. Also check under the carpets inside, and the boot.
    If your happy after the test drive all well and good, but dont forget the cars service history, and MOT's does the milage match up?? If in any doubt walk away.

paul.
    Help Wildlife.
    Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble_killer View Post
      I've just seen the prices of car

Think it will be used and I'm guessing now cheap as chips as OH bought a new-ish car last year.

Anyone bought a banger and any clues to how long they last? If I bought an 02 reg, could I get another 3 years use from that?
      Depends what you buy BK. Flossie is now 25 years old and as reliable as they come. I have known people (myself included) to buy a brand new car and have more troubles
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Don't buy a Fiesta, rubbish in the snow. I had an old Micra (box shaped one), should have kept it, went in any weather

Comment

Get a Land Rover!

*I'll get my coat.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
            don't buy a saab. I had two die with engine problems within a year
            Ours was in and out of the garage every other week. Bladdy turbo blew up in the end and we got rid

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Get a Land Rover!
            That's what Parker's recommended for me based on my 'needs'. Thing is, my bike currently fulfils all my needs and only costs about £20 a year to run

I'd have a Landy if it ran on chip oil though
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              ... I'd have a Landy if it ran on chip oil though
              Unfortunately, mine won't. Mr. G's does, so that helps. I do admire you for all your cycling. I'm just too darn lazy!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

OH is going to look at a car tomorrow. An old citroen ax 100k for £495 with a full MOT. Might be worth a punt we think. Not many cars around, think everyone is battening down the hatches for chrimbo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X