X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnty greentoes
    It's like you think they are real...

...amazing
    err, what are you trying to say? Of course they're real!

Next you'll be telling me there's no such place as Borsetshire!!!!
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
      Motion: This blog believes that The Archers should be banned

For: 2
      aGAINST: 4
      Just leave them be!!!!
      (bit like Zebedee land.......!)
      Last edited by Nicos; 08-03-2007, 08:20 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

that's so funny - I caught the start of Emerdale this evening - never seen it before in my life - It was appauling and crammed to the brim with stereotypes - I couldn't stop laughing, then just HAD to switch off.

Comment

Should bring back Wagners Walk if you ask me,
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I'm sure that you put stuff on the vine just to get me going JG!! The Archers is excellent - however I do confess that the SX are not all they might be!

You're gonna have to put me down as an 'against'.

Comment

do you mean SFX or SEX?
              Last edited by eskymo; 08-03-2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eskymo View Post
                do you mean SFX or SEX?
                Ha ha! I did mean SFX, actually............! For the record, I think that any SEX going on in Ambridge is toe-curlingly embarassing to listen to!

Comment

You mean they broadcast from the bedrooms now??? (Or do you mean from the cow shed?? )

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
                    You mean they broadcast from the bedrooms now??? (Or do you mean from the cow shed?? )
                    Sid and Jolene in the shower............YUK!

Comment

I used to listen to the archers every day in my old job .... but there again I had 8 hours of radio 4 to listen to.

I know you may be agin it but it's no where near as mind numbing as Emerdale, Corry or Table enders - they seem to stumble from one crisis to another no wonder there is so much depression about!!

ps I think I'm against the motion
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

The archers is fabulous... I have been a huge fan for years (and I'm thirty so not yor regular old fart). There have been some fabulous story line, Brian and Siobhan, The Emma/Grundy love triangle. Ruth and Sam. Its crammed full of humour and drama topped off with a little rumpy pumpy. Brilliant!

Oh and eskimo don't knock the afternoon play either, some of the best radio drama in the world happens between 2.15 and 3pm.

My wife thinks I'm ready for the pipe, slippers and Worthers Originals!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
                          ... don't knock the afternoon play either, some of the best radio drama in the world happens between 2.15 and 3pm....
                          Quite agree, Pip - when I used to be a jobbing rep I'd be in the car listening to the afternoon play and when I'd reached where I was driving to, I'd often just have to sit there and listen to the ending! Thank goodness for 'listen again' now!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            Ha ha! I did mean SFX, actually............! For the record, I think that any SEX going on in Ambridge is toe-curlingly embarassing to listen to!
                            This is plain perverted.

They put the erotic grunts and groans of middle england middle class rustics on the radio and leave the rest up to our imagination?????????

I repeat - BAN THE ARCHERS!
                            The law will hang the man or woman
                            Who steals the goose from off the common
                            But lets the greater thief go loose
                            Who steals the common from the goose
                            http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I missed the shower scene!

Re - tv thread - telly addicts! I can just imagine Charles Collingwood as Brian now! Wonder how much more we will hear about Shoehorn.

Bring DeadRingers back to the radio - enjoyed their take on The Archers (ohhhhh nooooooooooo!)

Alan Titchmarsh made a guest appearance a while back.

Joe and Bert with their allotments! The Show!

Nigel - the big kid! Giving up his car but then wanting to drive the digger (crash!) - apologies to those waiting for the omnibus edition!
                              My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
                              Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

Originally posted by multiveg View Post
                                Bring DeadRingers back to the radio - enjoyed their take on The Archers (ohhhhh nooooooooooo!)
                                LOL! I wanted to post Ruth Archer's perculiar speech, MV but didn't know how....you have captured it beautifully!

Joe Grundy - a classic comic character played with great skill by ....Edward.....someone...? He was also a villager in the Vicar of Dibley btw.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X