Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
    Really weird perfume adverts????
    All perfume adverts seem to be weird these days...

Comment

when people tell me the christmas adverts are on the telly in september...haven't got one, so don't have to sit through them, especially those damn perfume adverts...

Comment

Originally posted by basketcase View Post
        All perfume adverts seem to be weird these days...
        Some of the car ones are going the same way - you have to watch right to the end to find out what it's for, but they are instantly forgettable, so you have to watch it again next time - or fast forward through it because we only watch stuff we've recorded/plussed
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

That has to be one of the great joys of living in here. People are far more panicked about not getting the right wine for the oysters or foie gras than ruining themselves for presents in October. If I'm lucky, our supermarket will have an end of aisle display of xmas decorations! Last year, barely nothing! There are a lot of toys on sale, but at very good prices. On supermarket does cost price toys (Leclerc).

Comment

I knew xmas was coming this year when I booked a plane ticket to abu dhabi, 2 weeks over the xmas region and I won't be here. Woo hoo!

I woudln't be so offended by xmas if it started in december. Even before halloween and fireworks night there was xmas rubbish in the supermarkets. Although my unexcitment of xmas may be due to us not having family around here, so its just me bro and mum like any other day, and were usually too poor for lots of presents/a tree/all the trimmings. So xmas day, could just be any other day to me. I don't really see the excitment tbh

/scrooge

Comment

[QUOTE=weekendwellies;767569]I don't acknowledge that Christmas is coming until the Coke advert comes on the tv. (Holidays are comin', Holidays are comin').

i was about to say the same thing when i saw your post,
              in the catering trade christmas started with menu previews in august for purchasing department to source deals across the regions.
              though i sent back my mince pies on monday because the best before was 13/12/10 i complained the phone girl said policy to you is minimum 3 weeks what do you want i said " something that will last till i need all 480 of the week commencing the 20th oh ok she said.

i will hate christmas by then
              seasonal phil
              this will be a battle from the heart
              cymru am byth

Comment

I know it's nearly Christmas when I have to book some days off work to slaughter our Christmas Turkeys!!

Saying that, my sister could be in hospital over Christmas, in isolation, so at the moment, we haven't been able to make any plans at all for Christmas Day etc. We won't know until at least the beginning of December whether she'll be in or not... we're just trying to organise everything as normal, then we can cancel stuff if necessary. Turkey freezes anyway!

Comment

Because the geese are getting fat?
                  Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

When son #2 or son #3 brings home the new Argos catalogue - about August.

They make copious lists from it's pages and I don't buy any of it!

Jules
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X