No announcement yet.

How long does shock last?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you're feeling a little better...if not I really think you should speak to someone before Tuesday...it's all very well knowing that a walk,pampering yourself and relaxation will help...just sometimes once you get to 'that place' you just can't find the motivation to do any of them.

Is it just shock or maybe dread/panic about how everything will work out in the end?

Get yourself chatting to a professional and hope things all work out for you.x
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

What an awful thing to happen. I hope it all ends well and that you feel better soon.

Comment

I love you lot, you always see sense and reason.
        I am trying to take each hour as it comes and giving the children plenty of TLC.
        I still think I am shaking but when i look at my hands they aren't. It's very strange.
        I am having some nightmares too now. Will hopefully be able to get it sorted when I see the doc next week.

Big hugs to you all, XXX

Comment

You know we're always here for you Janey. If you want to talk to any of us privately you can always private message.

Comment

This must be really upsetting for you and 'shock' is not to be underestimated as it manifests itself with quite frightening physical symptoms. Whatevers hapened needs some sort of dealing with and you may need a bit more support so I would have thought that you would warrent an emergncy appointment if you feel that bad.
            Rescue remedy has quite a positive effect but not everyones keen homeoathic remedies. I really hope this all gets sorted for you - sounds worrying but as has been said, loads of support here and talking things through is great therapy.
            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Oh yes Lettucegrow has reminded me - if you are into homeopathics I can recommend Rescue Remedy and also ignatia.
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Thinking of you, Janeyo, hope it all works out for you.

Best wishes.
                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

((((HUGS))) from me. I can recommend a product called 'Natracalm' too.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Thinking of you Janeyo. I'm another fan of Rescue Remedy, plenty of carbs and chocolate, talk to someone and be nice to yourself. I'm sure you will feel better soon, but it will take as long as it takes. xx
                    Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                    So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Oh my goodness Jane, how terrible. One thing I haven't experienced yet but am dreading the day will come with my eldest the way she is going. I always thought it was just you and the kids, never thought you had others in the house.

As others have said, let it all out, don't bottle it up. Scream and shout, rant and rave, cry and scream some more. If you bottle it up, it seeps out in other ways and your kids will notice you are not yourself.

If you are part of a religious group, even loosely, try talking to their pastoral team. Even if you are not a regular, they are very helpful and often know of support you can get.

You probably feel like your world has turned on its side. What you thought was solid is now shaken. Just know that you will feel normal again sometime soon. Things will be different but a new you will emerge from it all.

I hope everything works out well in the end for you.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

hope this resolves itself soon for you. everyone else has given excellent advise, and i can't really think of anything else to add. i think the worst thing is the feeling of powerlessness, as you can't do anything - it's all in the hands of others, so try to keep as busy as you can, and talk about it. i can vouch for samaritans, as once i phoned them in a hugely stressful period, where i didn't want to discuss the issue with people i knew, and the lady i spoke to was wonderful; sympathetic and with practical advise also.

Comment

These people will be happy to talk to you.
                          You dont have to be a victim of crime to call them, just affected by it.

Victim Support » Help for victims

If you want to contact our Supportline, you should call 0845 30 30 900. To hide your number, press 141 before dialing our number.

Normal opening hours for the Supportline are:

•9am – 9pm Mondays to Fridays

•9am – 7pm weekends

•9am – 5pm bank holidays

Hope that helps. x
                          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Thinking of you Janeyo and sincerely hoping you are feeling a bit better now.

Comment

It sounds as if everyone has already given you wonderful advice. I suspect that you're feeling very wobbly and shaky from a feeling of powerlessness, which is really no surprise after what you've been through. Find some private time for yourself and as others have said, have a hot bath, a good cry. Then work out what you can control and arrange it.

Even if it's just planning for the kids' tea, or making a list of Christmas presents, do something to take back some control.

It will help you feel stronger.

Hope you find your balance again soon xx
                              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X