Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much OWG

Comment

I'm going to make a load of tablet for some of my friends this year I think. It's nice and easy to package up in a decorative kind of way and is really simple to make

Only trouble is, I'll end up eating loads of it myself. It's sooooo bad for you in any reasonably sized quantity!
      Last edited by Croila; 29-10-2010, 09:00 AM.
      Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
      www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Comment

No-cook coconut ice (unfortunately it contains Nestle's because no-one else makes the right ingredient. I know a lot of people don't buy their stuff, and I'd prefer not to, but there are a few things that are ONLY available from their factories, so I just keep the quantity down!)
        1 tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (skimmed type if you like)
        200g desicated coconut
        lots of icing sugar (about 300g as far as I can remember, but I didn't weigh it)
        pink food colouring
        Put the condensed milk in a bowl over hot water
        Stir in the coconut
        add icing sugar until it is gettign difficult to stir
        put half in tin about 2 inches deep (I used the foil trays from the supermarket 'ready to roast' veggies, about 8" x 4½", but that ends up a thin bar if you use 2, and a bit too thick if you use 1)
        add some colour to tint the rest pink and add on top of the white portion
        leave to cool (best to mark out into bars or squares before it sets too much).

You can do a fudge using the 'Caramel' version, omitting the coconut, needs more sugar, and put whatever flavour you want in before it gets too stiff.
        I did a good one by adding dried cranberries, about 50g to that size batch.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
          I'm making lot's of edible decorations for my tree this year, also chocolate money for the tree in little home made bags. Short bread, Christmas cake, jams, chutneys, pickles, jellies, fudge, candy canes, small recipe books, paper mashe masks for new years eve and of course...Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without sweet mince pies, most of them are for home made hampers.

Here's a link to the recipe I use for fudge...also a few more links that peeps might find helpful ...there great for the little ones to make (and big one's )
          Chocolate Fudge for Christmas
          Deck the Halls with Ping-Pong Balls
          How to Make a Cardboard Nativity Scene
          Christmas Tree Candy Canes
          I like that website, lots of good ideas for the kids in school, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
            I like that website, lots of good ideas for the kids in school, thanks
            I have to agree with you MrsC...it has to be one of my favorite sites. There's so much for kids to make/do and there not hard to follow.

Comment

Bumping this thread because think it will be useful in the run up to Christmas!

Comment

This is a super thread, so many great ideas and loads of inspiration
                Thanks all
                Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Bumping this thread again, think it maybe be useful in the run up to Christmas x

Comment

Oats and almond moisturising body cream.

300ml water
                    2 tbsp rolled oats
                    2 tsp beeswax
                    2 tsp emulsifying wax
                    40 ml almond oil
                    2 tsp honey
                    2 tsp vit C powder
                    6-12 drops chamomile essential oil (optional)

In a pan, heat the water until boiling and then add oats. Simmer for 10 mins. Strain the oats, reserving the liquid - you need 200ml.

Heat the beeswax and emulsifying wax together very gently in another pan with the almond oil until the waxes are fully dissolved. Take off the heat and immediately whisk ina little of the oat milk into the wax mixture. Keep adding the hot oat mixture , a little at a time, making sure it is well mixed between additions, until you have used all 200ml.

Stir in the honey and vit C powder and, if desired, add in a few drops of chamomile essential oil, which acts as a preservative, is anti-inflammatory and a delicious scent. (Dont worry if you dont have chamomile - you can use any oil you have around). Pour the cream into a wide necked jar, and seal at once
                    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a small batch to give it a go but left out the honey, vit C powder and chamomile. Im allergic to chamomile and didnt have honey or vit C.

it has made a lovely rich cream. Really lovely. I am going to make some more but with lavendar. I have another basic recipe which is:

250 ml warm water (you could swap this for any herbal decoction or infusion)
                      2 tsp beeswax
                      6 tsp emulsifying wax
                      40ml sunflower oil (or any type of oil)
                      2 tsp vit C powder (optional)
                      6-12 drops whichever essential oil takes your fancy.

Make in the same way as the other one.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Comment

Bah! Humbug!
                        Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Thought I might make some nice bath salts.
                          Anyone know where you can get those mini wooden salt scoops from reasonably?
                          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

How to Make The Best Hot Chocolate Mix - Both Sugar free and Regular Hot Chocolate All In One Mix | eHow.com

this makes a great pressie in a jar
                            http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Comment

Chocolate cake bath salts.

1 cup epsom salts
                              1 cup sea salt
                              3tsp cocoa powder
                              1/2 tsp cinnamon
                              1tsp vanilla extract
                              1tsp oil(almomd,olive,sunflower etc)

Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly.
                              Add the vanilla and the oil,mix very well to ensure the oil is well blended.
                              transfer to clean,dry jars or bags and close tightly.

You could exchange the cinnamon and vanilla for citrus oils or mint for a variation

Comment

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
                                1 cup epsom salts
                                1 cup sea salt
                                3tsp cocoa powder
                                1/2 tsp cinnamon
                                1tsp vanilla extract
                                1tsp oil(almomd,olive,sunflower etc)

Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly.
                                Add the vanilla and the oil,mix very well to ensure the oil is well blended.
                                transfer to clean,dry jars or bags and close tightly.

You could exchange the cinnamon and vanilla for citrus oils or mint for a variation
                                Will have to try that one Carol, thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X