Kindle

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle

My latest techy geeky thing - the Amazon ebook reader. I got one yesterday and I absolutely LOVE it. It will hold over 3,000 books and you can take them all anywhere with you - and you never need to dust them!
    Anyone else a Kindle addict?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

I want to be one!! Have been on Amazon a lot lately looking at textbooks and the like...saw the Kindle and immediately started coveting one.

Maybe one day - a bit hard to justify the cost of one at the mo
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Yes I have the old fashioned one and KK has the most up to date version!

When Scarey's Mum was here she used mine. She has macular degeneration in her eyes and can't see too well but with the Kindle you can increase the font size and she is able to read again albeit only 4 lines per page. I bought one for her and she is thrilled to be able to read again. So, all in all, yes - I love the Kindle
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

My wife uses the Kindle app on her ipod touch. Although you have to turn the page more frequently it's very convenient and pocket sized. I think they are a great idea.
        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

No. But I have always been a book addict, and, now, a bookcase addict!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

My dh can't decide between a Kindle and an iPad so doesn't have either at the moment. What we do have though is STANZA on our iphones - its free app and there are 30,000 free books to download. It came 'with' Alice in Wonderland so I'm reading that at the moment.

Comment

I was thinking about researching these book reader thingies. I am the only dedicated reader in the house and everyone gets cross at the space the books take up (including me at times). Are they very expensive? and can you get plenty selection of books?
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

I think that the one KK bought was about £130 for just the wifi version and the books cost about the same as they do in "real" form (don't know why but don't get me started on that ) However, my sister has the Sony e-book reader and she can get e-books from her local library for free I think and, the reader was much cheaper. Deffo worth doing some investigating.
                Last edited by scarey55; 21-10-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                  I was thinking about researching these book reader thingies. I am the only dedicated reader in the house and everyone gets cross at the space the books take up (including me at times). Are they very expensive? and can you get plenty selection of books?
                  Shirl you can download a free reader along with free books for your PC that way you get to have a bit of a play before deciding if to buy a dedicated reader.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                    everyone gets cross at the space the books take up
                    I've always used the library for my reading books and most reference books too. You could get into Book Crossing if you want to get rid? Or donate to Oxfam of course
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                      I think that the one KK bought was about £130 for just the wifi version and the books cost about the same as they do in "real" form (don't know why but don't get me started on that ) However, my sister has the Sony e-book reader and she can get e-books from her local library for free I think and, the reader was much cheaper. Deffo worth doing some investigating.
                      I thought that the ebooks were cheaper than hardback/paperback at least the ones I looked at on Amazon were.

Comment

I'm a would be convert, I just can't afford to buy one yet

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
                          I thought that the ebooks were cheaper than hardback/paperback at least the ones I looked at on Amazon were.
                          Perhaps I am looking at the wrong books. I have found that a lot of the ones I look at are about the same price - perhaps a pound or two cheaper than the paperback editions but, there are also a lot of free books too. Depends what you want to read I guess.

Comment

There are loads free. Lots on Amazon, classics and the like. They are cheaper than the paperback (unless it's only just out in hardback in which case it's still cheaper but dearer than the paperback will be, if you see what I mean. When the paperback comes out the kindle version gets cheaper.
                            You can get them from other sources too - The Guttenberg Project for example. Mine cost £109. It's me Chrissy prezzie but I'm using it now. Naughty but nice!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

my OH has just been given one as a birthday present ...we registered it in england and 'bought' some free books ...however on bringing the thing back to france we cant get it to recognise our french router so cant buy anything more!
                              So unless Amazon can come up with a fix we cant buy anything more!!!!!
                              Anybody know of a fix? Our livebox just doesnt recognise the Kindle or that might be vice versa!
                              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X