No announcement yet.

I was on TV at 10.00 this morning!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you!!! ( they don't call me Miss Marple for nothing ya know!!

..go on...tell us more....
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well, if anyone saw the program, it was the office in Glasgow (yes, who knew HOMES Under the Hammer did offices?!)

And I can breath a sigh of relief, as it wasn't as hellish as I'd been scared about. I didn't look like 2 tonne Tessie - more like 1 1/2 tonne Tessie. And it reminded me just how much work we'd done to get the offices looking like they are now, and how proud we are of them! (small family business, you see).

It was quite an experience and, in retrospect, I'm really glad we did it, though I seriously had my doubts after the stupid filming and I thought my brother might never talk to me again as I'd talked him into it. But, given kind editing, all's well that ends well.
      Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Just watched it Caro

a) You don't look like any-degree-of-tonnage Tessie! You look like lovely; a well dressed, atrractive, intelligent and business-like, person.
        b) Your brother comes across as someone who knows his business very well.
        c) You've all done a bloomin' marvellous job on that property!

Comment

I have gone all google eyed googling Under the Hammer but cannot find the video. Where is it?

Comment

Nice one Caro - a thoroughly professional job, take a big, well-deserved, pat on the back - well done the pair of you!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              Just watched it Caro

a) You don't look like any-degree-of-tonnage Tessie! You look like lovely; a well dressed, atrractive, intelligent and business-like, person.
              b) Your brother comes across as someone who knows his business very well.
              c) You've all done a bloomin' marvellous job on that property!
              Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              Nice one Caro - a thoroughly professional job, take a big, well-deserved, pat on the back - well done the pair of you!
              Aw Shucks, thanks guys Actually, it means a lot. Really, thank you.

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
              I have gone all google eyed googling Under the Hammer but cannot find the video. Where is it?
              Bren, I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it, but you can find it here: BBC iPlayer - Homes Under the Hammer: Series 14: Episode 40

we're last on, so wouldn't recommend bothering
              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Just watched the program on iPlayer Caro and like the others have said you do come over very well
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I watched it Caro, loved what you did with the office. The conference room ceiling was great and I can't believe the kitchen you put in. Oh, and didn't those new windows shut out the street noise?

Comment

oooo, get you!!!
                    very nice job!!
                    and no, no two ton tessie, mrs smarty pants...

Comment

what a beautiful office! Well done to you and your brother!
                      http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Thanks everyone. My brother's getting most of the stick; everyone's commenting on his window opening skills and saying he should interview for Everest He's mortified

Thanks for all your kind words, I really, really had been very worried about coming over an eejit (as we say up here). And I don't like photos of myself, so I had fretted about how I'd look on tv!
                        Caro

Comment

Can't get iplayer over here

...but you have some lovely comments there gal!

...well done to you and your brother!!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Wow, had a quick flick through the programme (should be going to work) and it all looks ver impressive!. You look lovely caro, very professional and no hint of an eejit at all.
                            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Glad you told us your bit was on last Caro so that I could fast forward to it! You look great & came across as very confident & your brother is brilliant! I love the building & the staircase & the way you've renovated it is beautiful, the kitchen & bathroom could be straight out of a showhouse, do you hire your brother out, I could do with a new kitchen!
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Excellent office conversion and impressive boardroom. But I feel what came across really well was the positive relationship between you and your brother and also the importance you put on having a nice place for your staff to work in. Lovely old building and great location too, well done you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X