X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
    Yes - but watch out for sheep ticks!
    Clockwork sheep?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by serenity View Post
      JT we need more people like you in our schools. bet the kids love you. Do you know what your nick name is?
      Thanks for the kind comments Serenity.

I've just asked my son what my nick name is - he's in my class! - he says I don't have one but he will get his mates on to it first thing!
      The law will hang the man or woman
      Who steals the goose from off the common
      But lets the greater thief go loose
      Who steals the common from the goose
      http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

The teenagers have been back - on the roof! Caught on CCTV staff were going through footage with the Police as I left today.

I'll always believe that our acts of kindness are worth it and will pay off, maybe not today, or tomorrow but someday. You either believe that or you give up.

Comment

Was it the same ones or others that hadn't been involved before?
          It's always sad when such things happen, but usually we don't know how we've touched others unless we are very lucky. Like you, I do believe that acts of kindness are worth it and will pay off one day. Please don't give up that thought.

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
            Was it the same ones or others that hadn't been involved before?
            It's always sad when such things happen, but usually we don't know how we've touched others unless we are very lucky. Like you, I do believe that acts of kindness are worth it and will pay off one day. Please don't give up that thought.
            I think it's the same lads.

Comment

Yes - but watch out for sheep ticks!
              Or fish scales?
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Always fancied a Camomile seat but never got round to making one! Maybe I should add that to the 'Things to do before I die' list?
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  Always fancied a Camomile seat but never got round to making one! Maybe I should add that to the 'Things to do before I die' list?
                  might get a wet bum though? They will hold water!

Comment

The teenagers have been back - on the roof! Caught on CCTV staff were going through footage with the Police as I left today.

I'll always believe that our acts of kindness are worth it and will pay off, maybe not today, or tomorrow but someday. You either believe that or you give up.
                    At least they are on the roof rather than knackering your wonderful willows!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      At least they are on the roof rather than knackering your wonderful willows!
                      Yep - the security cameras are s*****d but the willow is doing just fine!

Comment

Johnty, I work with teenagers (with all sorts of problems) and very often what they need, in my experience, is a proper sense of direction. I wont go into too many details, coz there are all sorts of factors involved. Again, in my experience, quite often if these teenagers are treated with the respect that all humans deserve, they will reciprocate. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're having with vandals, we get the same thing. We are having success with them though. Currently we are achieving a 68% success rate at getting these youngsters into meaningful work, along with dealing with the c**p they've had to put up with in the past. All I can say, M8, is keep up the good work, it is worth it in the long run. One success can wipe out a lot of frustration.

Zebedee
                        "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

I'll second what Zebedee says. Although I no longer work with young people, I've seen enough to realise that there are fundamental needs in us all which are not always met in society today.

We all have a need to be loved, respected, acknowledged as a human being (smalls are potential humans), capable of rational thought (please don't disagree) and able to care for others, once we have learnt what it is like to be cared for.

No baby comes into this world looking to be hated, treated badly, quarrel with others, or neglected. No child is 'born bad'.

Part of my small campaign at the moment is to recognise the humanity of other people every day. It provokes really good reactions when I smile and say 'Hello' to strangers on the street, especially children, people of other cultures, particularly Asian ladies, and the elderly.

Keep up the good work boys. You may never know the effects you have on others, but they do exist.

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
                            Keep up the good work boys. You may never know the effects you have on others, but they do exist.
                            Thanks madders and zebedee - great encouragement fully received.

Comment

Willow Sculpture update

Here's the latest update on the progress in making our willow sculpture. Every class (5-11) has worked with the artist in residence to create what you can see in just 1 week. A few more days and the living artwork will be finished. It is already beginning to sprout new leaves.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very Impressive JTG, makes my willow dome look a bit sick
                                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X