No announcement yet.

conkers????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not collecting them per se, but they are effective (seriously) for keeping spiders out of rooms. No, you don''t throw them at the creepies!!! A conker in each corner of the room, and no spiders. Don't know why, but they just don't like 'em!

Zebedee
    "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

but but but .....I tried the conker spider trick and they simply built their webs over and around the conkers!
      they are supposed to keep clothes moths away too....not tried that one yet.

Comment

Yes they do keep clothes moth away as they contain a natural napthelene. Make syre they are dry before putting them in with the woollies ir they will go mouldy. My Gran always used them and no moth.
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
          but but but .....I tried the conker spider trick and they simply built their webs over and around the conkers!.
          Yes I heard a spider expert interviewed and he just laughed when he heard about conkers keeping them away. Enough info for me
          "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Call me argumentative, but my wife and I did the conker trick, and we don't have spiders! Now, big brave man that I am, I literally go faint when I see a big spid. I am willing to try anything to keep the b*****s away, and this works, at least, for us! The only other option is a welting great housebrick dropped on 'em.

Zebedee

Comment

Have you ever planted a conker and had it germinate?

Comment

Originally posted by zebedee View Post
                Call me argumentative, but my wife and I did the conker trick, and we don't have spiders! Now, big brave man that I am, I literally go faint when I see a big spid. I am willing to try anything to keep the b*****s away, and this works, at least, for us! The only other option is a welting great housebrick dropped on 'em.
                As long as it gives you peace of mind and in that piece of your mind, you are a happy little bunny, who am I to argue?

"Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                  As long as it gives you peace of mind and in that piece of your mind, you are a happy little bunny, who am I to argue?

Thank you! I am a bunny and happy with it. And SPIDERLESS!

Zebedee

Comment

Interesting article in the paper at the weekend about how we will be getting lods of clothes moths this winter and conkers are one of the old ways of stopping then laying eggs in wool.
                    I was allways told by my gran, that conkers makes good shampoo for you hair?

Picked about 2 kilos of them today to test??

Comment

Too late this year but does anyone fancy a go at World Conker Championships 2011 ? get your application in early at...World Conker Championships Event Details
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X