Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I've had extensive surgery ...including tubes down my throat
    I forgot to mention: the tubes went up my nose, then down my throat. Now that is uncomfortable (but still no big deal once it's all over)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo and Dibs View Post
      The quacks think I have a hiatus hernia. So, I know that the 10 minutes of having the test will be worth it if I can get rid of my problems.
      don't know about the pipe,but when i was dagnosed several years ago,I was given something to sip,as and when tolled,whilst exrays were being taken,cannot add anything,the others have said it all ,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'm on the waiting list for an endoscopy now........it could be 12 weeks!

Comment

Doom and gloom me!! My mum had it done and they scrapped her vocal chords. She could only squeak when she tried to speak for about a month after. That doesn't happen very often (so they said).

Comment

Sometimes, you just shouldn't speak, Bren!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

My mum-in-law had the 'camera down the throat' job a while ago (she's 88) & I was worried as she has panic attacks but they gave her a mild sedative & she was fine.
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                Sometimes, you just shouldn't speak, Bren!

Comment

Does the nurse literally hold your hand?

I'm a big, strong bloke.......honest!
                  Last edited by Cosmo and Dibs; 07-10-2010, 04:24 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo and Dibs View Post
                    Does the nurse literally hold your hand?

I'm a big, strong bloke.......honest!
                    Now you tell us Something akin to blouse comes to mind. Only joking

Comment

I had one a year ago? Both ends - they didn't find my joke of going throat first funny. Worst part for me was seeing the tv monitor in front of my whilst they were doing it. I've seen down me gob, and up me bum. Oh yes, and farting lubricant for the following day wasn't nice, nor not eating for 3 days, nor drinking some radioactive liquid stuff that tasted like polystyrene, nor the embarrasment of erm 'streaks' on the tv monitor whilst I had a fit nurse holding my hand!

All in a days work though, I would normally make a rude joke out of that, but perhaps not here

nurse held my hand yeah, she was a right corker too! Like the type of nurse you see in those movies, but she had trousers on, and no daft little hat, and erm well yeah the lovely nhs uniform too

When I got home I ate about 6 meals. Felt sick, played xbox for the rest of that day, took the next week of uni, played xbox -and still sometimes use this as an excuse to get my head fussed, or buy my self a present. Well, I need this because I had to have a camera rammed down and up me!

Oh yeah, not really nice when you hear the bloke say nope, can't go any further down, then afterwards in the next room nope can't go any further upwards, we're pushing his stomach up. Erm, hello - yes can you not see my tummy poking out of my mouth now?

Nowt to it, just get leathered first Nothing more then than the old 'tactical puke'.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        I forgot to mention: the tubes went up my nose, then down my throat. Now that is uncomfortable (but still no big deal once it's all over)
                        I used to work in te NHS, and one consultant used to get a nurse to do some tests for him.

I remember her saying that she had explained to one patient that she was going to pass the probe up his nose, that there would be a 'crack' when it went over the bridge of his nose, in order to do the test.

'Oh no you're not' was his answer, and he ran off down the hospital corridor.

valmarg

Comment

Crack........

Comment

I went with my man when he had his anusdoscopy. When they closed the curtains around him I knew he would be feeling nervous and I could hear the nurse arranging him for the intrusion. "Look out behind you" I called out. All staff present burst out laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                              I went with my man when he had his anusdoscopy. When they closed the curtains around him I knew he would be feeling nervous and I could hear the nurse arranging him for the intrusion. "Look out behind you" I called out. All staff present burst out laughing.
                              STOP IT, Bren!

You'll make me split sommat!
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X