Soap Additives

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bramble_killer
    it's a popular non-ionic surfactant so it'll be in loads that you don't realise too (or I'm teaching a granny to suck eggs), washing up liquid, washing powder etc. Anything that is used for cleaning will have something similar to it.
    Just never imagined it would be in toothpaste, bit different to wash powder?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Just never imagined it would be in toothpaste, bit different to wash powder?
      Makes your toothpaste foamy. SLS is the bit that makes bubbles. Which is why natural toothpaste is very grainy and doesn't bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble_killer
        Makes your toothpaste foamy. SLS is the bit that makes bubbles. Which is why natural toothpaste is very grainy and doesn't bubble.
        Yes I know what a surfacant does, I was suggesting that it's pretty disgusting & un-necessary to find it in toothpaste. Have to say our Weleda & Green People toothpastes aren't grainy.
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          Yes I know what a surfacant does, I was suggesting that it's pretty disgusting & un-necessary to find it in toothpaste. Have to say our Weleda & Green People toothpastes aren't grainy.
          sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble_killer View Post
            Not all natural toothpaste is grainy and mine produces a perfectly adequate foam. Think I'm using one from Holland and Barratt at the moment. It's very good and obviously available on the high street.

However, it's worth pointing out that not all natural products are as natural as you would think and many still contain SLSs / parabens etc although sometimes admittedly in lower doseages. Lush is a prime example, all their soaps are sold as being natural but many are pretty melt and pour time which still contain a lot of unnecessary additives rather than the sort of cold process soaps to which Mrs C is referring which have very few ingredients and depending on the types of fat used can still produce a lovely moisturings and foaming bar (although you often end up using palm oil which has different ethical issues so it's not that simple.........)

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X