No announcement yet.

Anyone else put the heating on?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned the storage heater on in the bedroom last night, it's always the last one to go on and I was concerned I'd get too hot overnight. I didn't over heat, so the chilly season is definitely here.

Comment

Bah! We caved in. Although having a combi boiler put in in a couple of weeks, so hope it's not too cold then, as it'll be off for a few days!

Comment

the heating has been on and off here for a few weeks. I set it to come on for a couple hours in the morning (makes getting the boys up easier) and then for a few hours in the evening too. The hot water is set to come on all year round and the heating is not often on more than the hot water.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

OH had the wood burner going before I got in from work - lovely!
          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

had the heating on for weeks but it is west scotland after all..

going to the caravan for the weekend so will be able to tell for sure if winter is here!!
            May the road rise to meet you,
            May the wind be always at your back,
            May the sun shine warm upon your face,
            The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
            Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

Gave in over the weekend and had heating on for an hour or so in the evenings. Only set thermostat to 16 degrees though and thats plenty warm enough.
              Stick it on for an hour in the morning while I get up and dressed so that its warm when nipper has to be pulled out of bed (cos believe me, she won't get out of her pit voluntarily!!!)
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Two weeks here. Thermal vests but no long johns yet. Only two small fleeces...got to harden myself for winter...

Frost forecast toninght: tomorrow's run should be fun.. not..

Comment

My oil heater in my bedroom has been on for about a month now haha! Its been on sinceI got back from work - around 9am this morning, and I'm not gonna be turning it off until tomorrow probably. Its on quite low, but I live in an attic with no double glazing and lots of space between the roof (which is quite old and has gaps in it) and my wall inside the roof, which I don't think is insulated. When I got back from work this morning, the carpet and bedsheets were damp

I wish I had a thermostat for the heating in the house, I have really bad circulation and struggle to keep warm, even in warmer climates. So winter in the UK is never a good time. My feet feel like ice bricks right now and I've got 2 pairs of socks and a heater on

Comment

Spent the last week where the only 'heating' is the fireplace in the kitchen, but we only had fires first thing in the morning. Lowest overnight temp was around 9 degrees.
                    Next visit there, we will probably want fires morning and evening, plus hot water bottles, plus extra blankets. It gets chilly up there at Christmas!
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X