That vital ingredient!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
    Here too.... ( I don't usually put that in my cooking but may have been tempted a few times) lol
    My mum used to say when provoked by kids asking what's for tea/dinner "sh*t with sugar on it"

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
      My mum used to say when provoked by kids asking what's for tea/dinner "sh*t with sugar on it"
      My Mum said that as well RL... funny how the old sayings are the best

Comment

I once forgot to put the eggs in a cake, we had a very small flat and the kitchen was so tiny, for once and the only time I have ever done this was to get all the ingredients together before I started cooking. There was a small alcove in the hall space where there was an old fashioned cupboard with a drop down front, no room to put the eggs so I put them on the piano in the front room behind me, half hour later when I was clearing up I found the eggs.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
          We also used to get "iffits" - If it's there and if it gets cooked you can have some.

Comment

I really like that one! "You gets wot you got" is all I can remember

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
              I really like that one! "You gets wot you got" is all I can remember
              Oh Bren, there are loads of them if I can only remember. I always said I would never repeat them to my children, but I have. Some of them are really funny.

Comment

Tea was often 'wait-and-see'. These days, if we realise we haven't got anything out of the freezer, it tends to be "Waitrose-and-see"....
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I can remember "This or that". Take it or lump it comes to mind.

Comment

Also like it or leave it.

Comment

'Egg sandwich with no bread!' was one of my Mum's, as was 'Three jumps at the Pantry Door!' Both, presumably, acquired from her Mum and Nan.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

we used to tolled ,,scratchitanrun,,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I have also forgotten the sugar!!!! put cakes in oven to cook and then went to tidy up and there was the sugar that should have been in the oven IN the cakes (choc sponges) so out with cakes and scrape almost warm mix back into bowl add sugar back in oven. A short time later I sat there thinking hmmm I can smell choc cake -
                          eeek I should NOT be able to smell cake (cant smell your cooking with my oven) - I had left the oven door open
                          Guess what...... It still came out perfect!
                          I bet it would have been different if it had been for guests or a special occasion

Comment

So happy that your attempts to be original worked fine Headfry. Bet it won't next time

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
                              And mine LOL either that or Two jumps at the cupboard door
                              http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Well this is the result of my efforts. Certainly not a masterpiece but the vital ingredient is LOVE....

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X