No announcement yet.

Uni student welcome pack/goody bag

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And don't forget a second hand ford transit to put all this in!

Comment

An alarm clock to be ignored.
      Pens and pencils ditto.
      Tins, tins and tins of beans and creamed rice (not to be eaten together).
      Tin opener.
      Slippers/flip flops.
      Someone else's credit card for student pub nights!
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Paracetamol and Resolve tablets for those inevitable Hangovers and colds in the first few weeks, and multivitamins. Phone credit for when they are homesick in the first few days, plus photos of family / friends for the same reason. A kettle plus drinks / cup-a-soups, and snacks that can be eaten in their room. Toilet roll & plenty of it as its always in short supply in student digs! Plus stereo & c.ds for entertainment & working to as my halls didn't have a t.v. Nice posh toiletries as they'll be unable to afford any for the rest of their student lives! Comfy slippers are also a necessity!
        Jane,
        keen but (slightly less) clueless
        http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Is this an ensuite accomodation or shared bathroom jobbies?

If shared bathroom, you want a plastic little beach bag for lugging towel and toiletries to the bathroom for shower/bath.

A kettle for the bedroom and some mugs. A fork to eat supernoodles with.

Everything else they can manage. I moved out of home when I was 17 with some clothes and some pocket money. My parents also said that if I ran out, I'd have to figure out where I was going to get more money from as it wasn't from them!!

Comment

I alway thought all student digs had to have a chilli plant growing in the window Its good to add to a meal + if you grow a Mice spicy one you always get some Drunk/Macho/Stupid person who thinks its a good idea to eat one raw, just remember to have camera/Mobile phone ready to film the whole incident

or how about a photo collage of friends and family cheap and easy to do + they have a pic of those who are important to them

p.s. I never was the one that ate the chilli, I was the one that walked through the close patio door
            Last edited by enrich100; 18-09-2010, 10:15 PM.
            Thought For The Day
            If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
            Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Wow, great ideas folks, brilliant.

She is going to catered accommodation but I am not sure if the bathroom will be shared. Hadn't asked about that.

Some of the things like toastie makers and kettle etc are no doubt excellent ideas, however a bit beyond Helen's price range and I expect Kelly's parents will provide those.
              Some of the other smaller things will definitely be going in to the goodie bag though. The condoms, paracetamol, earplugs, hot-water bottle, toiletries, biccies, etc ~Things like that.

Thanks ever so much for the ideas, excellent.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

After reading all the lists of things students need to take with them i feel very lucky that my grandson is close enough to travel to uni on a daily basis.
                He is starting tomorrow on a 4 year course in biotechnology but will be able to travel by bus (which is around 25 mins) daily

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Tell her to take a warm dressing gown/coat for when the fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night- and she has to stand around for hours waiting for the fire brigate to check out that it is indeed a hoax and not a real fire
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

She wont be allowed Candles or electrical appliances. I work at a Uni and know these things.
                    I suggest a blanket, as heating costs are huge, so Unis are turning down heating.
                    And Noodles, lots.

How about a door wedge, very useful.
                    Gaffa tape, spare batteries.. Dart Board, she will never want for comapny then.!
                    Last edited by seasprout; 19-09-2010, 04:06 PM.
                    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Mobile phone top up credit or a BT landline credit card thingy - mum and dad will be pleased to hear from her and she'll have no excuses!

A good luck card.

Comment

More great ideas guys, thanks.

I suppose the benefit of Helen redoing a year is that she will find out from her pals what was good and what wasn't and get a few tips for her first year next year (fingers crossed).

The bad thing is that she is pretty much friendless now as 95% of them are scattering to the 4 corners. One has a place in Paris
                        Even her boyfriend is away now on a airline piloting course, so she wont see him for ages either

Only 1 or 2 are staying home and going to Liverpool Uni.

But at least she will have more studying time, and money as she wont have such a hectic social schedule this year. Who knows, she may even get a part time job!

The goodie bag for her friend, Kelly, is growing now with lots of goodies, mostly suggestions from all of you guys, so thank you all again very much.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                          Some of the things like toastie makers and kettle etc are no doubt excellent ideas, however a bit beyond Helen's price range and I expect Kelly's parents will provide those.

Thanks ever so much for the ideas, excellent.

I picked up a sandwich toaster in tesco for £4.99 - I figured there was no point buying a dear one incase it gets broken/lost/sat on etc However its still going strong now (although usually needs a very good clean when I go up there! )

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                            I picked up a sandwich toaster in tesco for £4.99 - I figured there was no point buying a dear one incase it gets broken/lost/sat on etc However its still going strong now (although usually needs a very good clean when I go up there! )

No doubt when it is my daughter, Helen, going next year (touch wood) I will get all those gizmos, but for now this is for my daughter to make up a goody bag for her friend, Kelly, who is going.
                            But thanks for the suggestion.
                            And apologies for any confusion in my original post.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X