Watched any good films lately??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I couldn't get into the books, but I'll give the fillum a go, I love subtitled fillums
    Me to - nearly hired it online 2nite!!

Comment

watched a great film a couple of months back now - let the right one, swedish / finish version. really really really recommend it.

A danish film, but cant remember what its called. A bored husband ends up taking someone elses identity when he gets mistaken for a coma patients boyfriend. sounds mental but is very good, bit gritty & dark with a surprising ending

Ooooooo, i just googled it: Not Just Another Love Story - it really lives up to its name

And Volver, Spanish this time with Penelope Cruz. Shes sooo beautiful, I could get a girl crush!

Just watched Daywalker, predictable vampire film!!
      Last edited by lizzylemon; 10-08-2010, 10:21 PM.

Comment

At home not feeling good today so am going to watch Kite Runner. I picked up DVD from charity shop and I know no-one else here will want to see it. Anygood, anyone?
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
          At home not feeling good today so am going to watch Kite Runner. I picked up DVD from charity shop and I know no-one else here will want to see it. Anygood, anyone?
          Brilliant / lovely but get the tissues / hanky ready - very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
            Brilliant / lovely but get the tissues / hanky ready - very sad.
            You didn't tell me I needed that many tissues. Nice look-swollen,puffy eyes and a red nose
            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I did see a good film lately: Precious. Gritty stuff, but good
              I wanted to see that at the flicks but it finished before I got there.....(like Girl with a Dragon Tattoo ) I remember when films were on for at least a month and I got half a chance to go.!!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                Penelope Cruz. ..I could get a girl crush!
                I lived with a Spanish girl who modelled herself on PC: boy, it was tiring I love the mad Spanish rants she does though

Kite Runner.
                I got the book, couldn't get into it
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Keeping Mum - not a recent film, it's 4 or 5 years old now, but I love it!
                  Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                  So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I love Penelope Cruz - Volver is brilliant, her best film yet for me.

Kite Runner; Mr R liked the book, me not quite so much; both loved the film.

Only recent(ish) good one I can think of is Let The Right One In. Subtitled Swedish film - quite delicate and sad.
                    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                      I wanted to see Shutter Island, so I'll be interested to see what you thought VM.

Just watched Shutter Island. I thought it was brilliant!! Oh did too
                      Dont want to give anything away before you watch it, so will just say its worth getting.
                      I am gonna watch it again.

I have watched some of the ones you have all recommended and i am gonna write a list of those i havent and give them a go.

VM
                      If someone has lost their smile, give them one of yours. :

Children seldom misquote you. In fact they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Comment

I can heartily recommend Toy Story 3 (whether you have kids or not!). It made me and Himself cry!
                        Me too SeaHorse - OH and I went, no kids, both in our 50's and loved it! And it did give me a big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. One of the best films, along with UP, that I have seen this year. Also - The Hurt Locker - that got a very limited cinema release so we had to go and see it at the local Uni Film Theatre. Fantastic film ... totally deserving of its Oscar.

Comment

You didn't tell me I needed that many tissues. Nice look-swollen,puffy eyes and a red nose
                          Well I didn't want to say too much but I have to admit I was in absolute floods on and off throughout the film and I'm well 'ard, I never cried at Lassy or Bambi!!

Comment

Yes, really enjoyed Shutter Island too, it was like Shawshank Redemption meets The Prisoner.

I can HIGHLY recommend Inception. I know everyone's talking about it, and hype tends to put me off a film, but I thought it was incredibly well thought out.
                            Basically The Matrix + Ocean's Eleven.
                            If you've watched any of Christopher Nolan's films before (except Batman:The Dark Knight, it's good, but it's not typical of his style) you'll know what to expect. Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige and Following are all great films of his.
                            Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                            Snadger - Director of Poetry
                            RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                            Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                            piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

I lived with a Spanish girl who modelled herself on PC: boy, it was tiring I love the mad Spanish rants she does though

I got the book, couldn't get into it
                              I did a year in Spain and there was a lot of that ranty thing going on. The most worrying ones was when our 'friend' the local bobby would drop by for a chat, end up ranting whilst fiddling with his gun holster (but which I mean doing up and undoing of the safety strap of said holster in a very repetitive and manic manor)

I would recommend the film, I can imagine the book might be a bit dry and difficult to get going with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post

Only recent(ish) good one I can think of is Let The Right One In. Subtitled Swedish film - quite delicate and sad.
                                Sounds good, might be tempted

Only prob is my OH wont watch subtitled films, or horror/detective etc genre so it'll have to wait until I have an evening of ironing to do!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X