Anyone else make homemade soaps etc

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jax View Post
    soap from a shop, could I cut it off or anything as it doesnt look very nice
    Hi Jax

Rebatched soap bought soap won't ever look anything but that if you now what I mean. You could use it yourself though

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      I made my first batch the other week of cold process stuff, one batch of coconut, one mint and one cinamon, orange and cranberry. The coconut one looks fab although still drying out and I'm quite pleased with the cinamon one but the mint was a bit less sucessful, think I'd let it go to too heavy a trace before I added the essential oil so although it smells lovely and is probably perfectly OK to use it doesn't look so good as a gift as the top is rather lumpy and it looks like I didn't fill the mould as much so the bars aren't as big too. Quite pleased for a first attempt though and I can tart them up for pressies and try some different recipes next year.
      Sounds fab Alison, like the combinations! You probably know this but be careful with the Cinnamon essential oil, it can cause a burning sensation on skin and it hurts

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
        Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else makes soap/bath bombs etc...

Wonder if the mods would allow a thread on craft activities? Any chance mods? Might be a good way to share ideas especially for making homemade gifts etc.

Sue
        I mean't a part of the GYO forum on crafts where we could post individual threads eg - soapmaking, quilting, cardmaking etc
        Hi

I didn't read this last time so didn't see it.

We're had requests for all manner of additional boards on here, and many have gone to the powers that be - but even the gardening related ones haven't been approved - so probably not.

It's not the Mods who make these decisions - its the magazine, so if you want to suggest any - probably best to send them a PM or email and ask.

But as they have the other side of the fence...crafts publications and forum - they would probably rather keep them separate.

Comment

Sounds fab Alison, like the combinations! You probably know this but be careful with the Cinnamon essential oil, it can cause a burning sensation on skin and it hurts
          Yeah, I didn't use much and was careful - mind you OH was already laughing at me in my rubber gloves and safety specs when using the lye

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            Hi

I didn't read this last time so didn't see it.

We're had requests for all manner of additional boards on here, and many have gone to the powers that be - but even the gardening related ones haven't been approved - so probably not.

It's not the Mods who make these decisions - its the magazine, so if you want to suggest any - probably best to send them a PM or email and ask.

But as they have the other side of the fence...crafts publications and forum - they would probably rather keep them separate.
            Hi Zazen

Thanks for that. I thought it was you Mods that added extra boards.

Comment

I went on a free course on friday at Hands On in Leeds. made soap (grating olive oil soap and ading bits) handcream fro bees wax, and various scrubs made from oats, brown sugar and also a breakfast scrub with honey oats and brown sugar. It was great, am looking for nice jars so I can add them to hampers!
              http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Try online or Freecycle or save your own jars

Comment

Never made soap, or fancy stuff, but I used to make a hand-cleaner/cream. Very simple, not suited to gifts, but very good for hands so chapped the dirt wouldn't wash off with soap, which was a frequent problem at lambing time!
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X