Continuing my obsession ....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post

There's a town in Germany or Austria (can't remember which) called F*cking!
    And this is completely genuine, they made a beer called "hell" beer, hell meaning (I think) light.
    Originally rejected as a beer label by someone (EU I think) the above mentioned town put in a complaint and now you can officially buy Hell beer from that town.

If you dont believe me, have a Google.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
      If you dont believe me, have a Google.
      I never thought I'd see the day ...
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I wouldnt carry out such a heinous act myself TS
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
          I wouldnt carry out such a heinous act myself TS
          nahhhh..you're just a user boble!!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

On a different note, I purchased an O2 mobile broadband thingy - assuming I'd be able to get onto the internet at my Mother's place (the answer was no...)
            Sitting at the opticians in Ipswich - trying to get online while I was in the waiting room for Mother to finish her appointment - couldn't get onto O2 there either.

But O2 did identify the network for the dentist opposite... The dentists have called their network 'Hell's Teeth'.
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
              No word of a lie, in uni in our volunteering group there was a girl called Wan King (chinese)... honestly. When we were signing her up I had to leave the room, no way I could keep a straight face and I didn't want to offend her
              Was this girl's husband called Fu?
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

On the electoral register in Loughborough we had a Mr Kashmir chek!
                Last edited by bubblewrap; 09-08-2010, 05:13 AM.
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

A school friend of mine insisted that in her previous school she had an RE teacher by the name of Miss Funnel, inevitably known (behind her back) as Holy Smoke.
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
                    When we were children, my sister and I always looked out for a certain funeral directors on the road to London on a bi-annual trip - called R. Body and Son. It did make us titter.
                    Funeral company in Cape Town - Human and Pitt.

Comment

There's a village not far from me called Cockadilly they even have a website

Cockadilly - The Gloucester country retreat and holiday haven

Comment

this is my OH under an interesting restaurant sign in Spain last year!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ooooh, just remembered, a Sweet Shop in Brugge years ago. (I think it was a sweet shop, but I no longer have the photograph of it as proof, anyway) It was called Ollekie Bollekie!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I used to work with a Jacqueline Hyde.

We also had a Korean customer with a name far to obscene in Scots pronunciation to repeat.

Comment

Just been chatting to my Dad about a bird we saw on holiday...seems it was a Wheatear...apparently that's not their original name...never thought I'd hear such language from my Dad
                              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I thought of this thread last night, I was watching BBW World News, and the reporter was called

Julia Ceasar.
                                Bob Leponge

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X