No announcement yet.

do you believe in.......??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was brought up to believe that if you're name's on the bullet you can't dodge it, but in the meantime it's up to you to make the most of your time here - it's not a rehearsal, get on with it!
    Last edited by Comfreyfan; 17-07-2010, 10:09 PM.
    Life is too short for drama & petty things!
    So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I live my life by one golden rule..
      life is there to be lived not looked at.

I dont believe in 'organised' religion, although that doesn't mean I expect others to agree with me. I have friends of several different religions, all of who share my feeling that we have no right to force our own personal beliefs on anyone else. They all behave ethically, as I try to. For some of them their faith has seen them through very hard times. Who am I to say that they are right or wrong to believe as they do.

Walk softly on this planet, and live kindly in this life..they are here and now, and do not deserve that you turn your eyes from them.
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

I believe in God but I am also a scientist that teaches evolutionary theory.

Crazy huh?

Comment

i do believe in destiny, in as much as we live many lives, and choose what lessons to learn in each one- it is our destiny to end up at that point where we have learnt the lessons we need to learn, in each lifetime( destiny= destination) however, it is up to us to choose the route we take to reach that destiny. some of us opt for the easy route, others go scenic and slowly get to where they need to go, and others tend to take the rocky, difficult route which is beset by setbacks and detours. the trick is to work with what life throws at you, and learn a positive lesson from each experience that comes your way.

Comment

I believe in Karma and that if you do bad things then you will eventually fall foul of the bad karma you had built up for yourself.
            To some extent destiny, people have choices and decisions in life and you have to live with those you take. Not always easy as life deals us some real hum dingers. Part of the rough with the smooth.
            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble_killer View Post
              I believe in God but I am also a scientist that teaches evolutionary theory.

Crazy huh?
              What an intersting job you must have!

How do you rationalise the two viewpoints?
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

my brother is a professor ofscience and also a christian, and i too wonder how on earth he can rationalize the two; it seems totally contradictory to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X